Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pros & cons of new JK

Default Pros & cons of new JK

Any one got opinions on the new '12 Pentastar v6 V the existing Diesel?

I'm particularly interested in the 4 door Auto and would like to know what people are getting in the fuel economy among other things

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Any one got opinions on the new '12 Pentastar v6 V the existing Diesel?

I'm particularly interested in the 4 door Auto and would like to know what people are getting in the fuel economy among other things

Thanks
    Gday Steve,

I just picked up a 2012 Rubicon last week. i've only had the car a week,but fuel economy is quite thirsty... about 15-16L per 100kms..

cheers

Rhino

That seems high. My v8 is abt <13 hwy. 17 city
    I believe they get better than that over time
    What are other older jk owners getting?
    Tossing ip between petrol. Diesel

The rubi motor probably still abit tight. Read on ajor similar figures then after 5000km economy improved to 10's
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

My 07 rubi with 37's gets about 14/ 100 in the city.

May 2008 build, Jan 2009 Compliace plate JK Unnltd, Petrol Auto, 2.5 inch lift, 33 Inch Muddies, Superchips 87 octane tuning and tyre diameter correction, Mopar Bull Bar, AEV Snorkel.... 15 Ltr/100 in city... 12.5Ltr/100 Flat Highway ...... 14 Ltr/100 On way to Lithgow..... 11 Ltr/100 coming down from Lithgow.........

Repair till date.... Front Uni Joints, Front diff seals....... NO other problems at all......
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 24-02-12 at 06:43 PM.

my repairs are a bit higher than mani's.... not trying to put you off, but jsut to show you the "other side of it"

new gearbox, new power steering pump, drivers side seatbelt had to be replaced, now water pump is leaking, awaiting new clock spring also..

i know hunty has been through a few motors too......

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselcon View Post
    The rubi motor probably still abit tight. Read on ajor similar figures then after 5000km economy improved to 10's
    Actually the first week figures were worse, filled up last night.... 69litres = 365kms. By My calculations that's 18.93 liters / 100kms.

I was very surprised by this, however I have had A/C on pretty much constantly when driving!

Its certainly encouraging to see that these figures come down substantially after being run in. The 10% fuel efficiency improvement was certainly a major selling point for the pentastar engine... Along with the increase in power!!

Rhino

Rhino
    What grade fuel are you using? at nearly 19l, I'd be questioning that as I assume it's "standard".

With higher fuel costs on the horizon, I'd only be looking at it if they are close to the advertised figures else a 2011 diesel, which are hard to come by.

Perhaps it will improve over time...

Visitor

friend of mine has a 4 door auto diesel she gets 12lper100 around town she has 285/75/17 mud tyres and 2inch lift AEV bullbar and snorkel