Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which would you choose

Default Which would you choose

If you had a choice what would you choose or prefer: Im about to buy a set of new mud tyres and they much the same price:

BFG KM2
    or
    MT MTZ
    or
    "suggestion"

Steve

I'm going to try the KM2 next time I think, not sure if that helps your decision though. In saying that the MT MTZ does seems like a nice tyre but I think the KM2 is a little more aggressive.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

I recall hunty saying he has used both and went straight back to the km2's
    Imo its personal preference, they both seem like great tyres
    If the questions was about there a/ts, micky T's all the way!

Ive never tried the km2. But I loved my mtz's. Jack of all trades kinda tire. They did get a bit noisy towards the end of my time with them......

IMHO
    The new MTZ looks like the KM2 - I'm guessing based solely on looks as I haven't tried the new MTZ's yet (I did have a set of last years MTZ's) is that they would perform at a very similar (Awesome) level, both these tyres are recommended by most hard core 4x4ers and are generally touted as the kings of off road muddies that still have good sealed road behaviour ....... I know some of you Hard core guys will be demanding Claws but I don't care LoL I did say at the start IMHO LoL cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Wanting someone besides Jacko to try the Federal Couragias...might get a set of those for the HEEP next time. If not, the good ol' Mudstars again...
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

I was also looking at the Federal Couragias as well, also looking at what is available in a 35" for a 17" rim as I'm thinking of going to 17's (so I can run the 330mm/13" Falcon discs, up from the 300mm I run now)

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Gotta' get mine finished so I can go up to a 35"...might be looking at the Silverstones then...they've got a fairly decent 35 inch range and George can get them.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

not sure if youre interested but im loving my pro comps (x-treme MT)..........awsome off road (rocks, mud) havent given it a go in the clayish stuff yet though, but the did go better then my MTZ's in sand....... on road is good, not great but its a MT.....

I love my Cooper STTs, they went great on the Cape last year. I considered the KM2s but the lack of block sipes made me think they would be worse in the wet on the tarmac.