Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mt Airley, Capertee Sunday 22nd April 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TRBN8R View Post
    Guys the coming weekend forecast looks very dodgy for Lithgow and Central Tablelands area.... Keep checking the thread till the last day..... Trip can and will be cancelled according to "The Tread Lightly Policy" if the weather conditions are not suitable....

Also Thanks Rhino for ur help... Will look for your post.... Also u can call or sms me on 0405801230.... If it goes to answering machine means I am at work....

Cheers

Mani
    Will do Mani,

At this stage we are almost certain to cancel the Mt Airley trip, However our club will have 22 cars camping at Turon River that weekend. There were plans for an easy weekend wheeling for 18 cars in and around the area and 6 of us were making the trip upto Mt Airley (many more than this becomes unworkable for that track)

The 6 of us who were doing Mt Airley will instead have a look at the Spanish steps / zig zag area...

Ive sent you a text with my numbers and ill certainly send you an update on sat afternoon of what the area is doing..

Rhino

I'm out.

Due to no drive shafts again.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    I'm out.

Due to no drive shafts again.
    Still got the one from mine Hunno if it's any use...............
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

Seems those blokes from the land rover club, are keen on getting up there and doing some maintenance on that track.
    I beleive its something our club members should get on board with also..........
    Its a beautiful place and anything we as a club can do to help keep access for our members, should be looked into
    As i'm new to 4wd clubs and the like, i would have no idea of how to set up anything like this, who to talk to etc etc....
    So i'm just thinking aloud as an individual...

Cheers
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    Still got the one from mine Hunno if it's any use...............
    Thanks for the offer Stephen but I need a custom lenght as the wheel base has changed with the new diffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep_jk112 View Post
    Seems those blokes from the land rover club, are keen on getting up there and doing some maintenance on that track.
    I beleive its something our club members should get on board with also..........
    Its a beautiful place and anything we as a club can do to help keep access for our members, should be looked into
    As i'm new to 4wd clubs and the like, i would have no idea of how to set up anything like this, who to talk to etc etc....
    So i'm just thinking aloud as an individual...

Cheers
    Matt
    Matt,
    you don't need any idea just the willingness to have a go. Others will guide & help.
    However Jambo will fill the next 6 months or so for myself & few others I'm guessing.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Visitor

Well the bait has been thrown out there..........
    No point trying to represent a club, if no other members want to help out!
    Wouldn't it be a shame if this track was to be locked up and we couldn't gain access on jambo weekend?
    Can't hurt showing col and national parks we have been up there to try and rectify some of the damage caused by a few irresponsible 4wder's .......\
    can't hurt sjc looking into setting up an adopt a track system, similar to what lroc has with the private land owner down dingo dell....
    It is our backyard after all!
    IMO this is the best place to wheel in nsw and i would like to try as much as humanly possible to keep access for our club
    We have lost to many places to wheel already!
    Heck i'd even walk it if (god forbid) it is only allowed for walkers in the future...
    I realise some members are tied up with jambo, but not everyone...........

Cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by jeep_jk112; 18-04-12 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep_jk112 View Post
    Well the bait has been thrown out there..........
    No point trying to represent a club, if no other members want to help out!
    Wouldn't it be a shame if this track was to be locked up and we couldn't gain access on jambo weekend?
    Can't hurt showing col and national parks we have been up there to try and rectify some of the damage caused by a few irresponsible 4wder's .......\
    can't hurt sjc looking into setting up an adopt a track system, similar to what lroc has with the private land owner down dingo dell....
    It is our backyard after all!
    IMO this is the best place to wheel in nsw and i would like to try as much as humanly possible to keep access for our club
    We have lost to many places to wheel already!
    Heck i'd even walk it if (god forbid) it is only allowed for walkers in the future...
    I realise some members are tied up with jambo, but not everyone...........

Cheers
    Matt
    Matt,

Im looking into this with my other club (Triple Diamond). We are very fortunate that our association delegate is also the vice president of NSW Lands. I have put my hand up with both Craig and Steve Armarn (Club President) to arrange for track maintenance days leading to use of gated trails...

As you are aware that the wheels move very slow trying to get an idea off the ground like this, However once some firmer news is known ill certainly post the details. Nonetheless if you are able to arrange something let me know as im always keen to help out and gain access to closed tracks..

Rhino

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Matt,

Im looking into this with my other club (Triple Diamond). We are very fortunate that our association delegate is also the vice president of NSW Lands. I have put my hand up with both Craig and Steve Armarn (Club President) to arrange for track maintenance days leading to use of gated trails...

As you are aware that the wheels move very slow trying to get an idea off the ground like this, However once some firmer news is known ill certainly post the details. Nonetheless if you are able to arrange something let me know as im always keen to help out and gain access to closed tracks..

Rhino
    Let them know atleast one jeep club member is willing to lend a hand.......
    Have plenty of hand tools, even a big roll of geofab i can nick from work if needed lol.
    Can get ahold of start pickets from time to time, for erosion barriers if thats whats required
    Yeh if you could keep us in the loop mate that would be great!
    I singed up to the association site whichs takes a few days, just to find out i signed up to the old site
    So when i get access to the new one, i'll start looking around and asking questions.....

Sadly (for me) i have just got the call i'm stuck doing night shift fri, sat and sun so no chance of getting up the mountains this weekend....
    Thanks anyway mani.

Cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by jeep_jk112; 19-04-12 at 04:46 PM.

Sorry guys Kev an I are out..... My knee and kev's jeep not ready.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

I am unable to attend due to a family commitment. Sorry