Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineering battle

Visitor

Default Engineering battle

Has anyone had their jeep engineered running the rubicon express front long arm kit? My engineer has made me make a 5-link set up as he wouldn't pass it with the upper arm connected to the lower.

Cheers

Nick

Which engineer?

I can probably help you get the RE setup through if you haven't already made the changes...

Visitor

I have made the changes but would love to get it engineered with the RE set up. Would happily change it back! Rob Elliott from VMC is the engineer, he knows his stuff and is fair, but we disagree on this.
    Last edited by Hybridxj; 17-03-12 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo

Most of the Patrols and Landcruisers use a radius arm setup that is functionally similar to the RE arrangement, no reason why it should not pass.

I can point you at some other engineers/certifies that are a bit more open minded...

Visitor

I've had that discussion with him but he said he would only pass that type of radius arm if it was a standard application. I'm booked in tomorrow for my next (hopefully final) inspection, so I'll see how I go. Cheers

He trIed to force me down a couple of daft paths too.....so I switched engineers

From memory, the ruling is:
    IF the vehicle had a 5 link setup, it must remain as a 5 link setup. You cannot remove links.

However, you can add links ie going from a radius setup to 5 link or from leaf to RE long arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridxj View Post
    I've had that discussion with him but he said he would only pass that type of radius arm if it was a standard application. I'm booked in tomorrow for my next (hopefully final) inspection, so I'll see how I go. Cheers
    If it was still standard you wouldn't be seeking engineering.
    Simple - count the links and say - "Was 5 link. STILL 5 has links.
    Sorry but if the bloke is that stubborn I'd be shopping for another.

Visitor

I thought the whole engineering scheme at the moment was a bit grey and that all previous engineers were no longer certified? Just curious

Rob was an engineer under the ECS scheme, but now has a certification license under the VSCCS scheme..