Thread: Hi Jeep Club I am really excited to be here!

Smile Hi Jeep Club I am really excited to be here!

Hi Club,

Just wanted to say Hi and I joined the Jeep Club today. I also made the payment via paypal for members.

I am so excited I finally got my Joy-Toy and I will pick it up on Friday. White & Black Wrangler sport Auto. (Normally I would go manual, but some of my alternate drives can't drive a stick)

I have just loved the Jeep Wrangler from the day I saw it, and it is a car I always wanted to have. I thought I would start out Small in the beginning and see where life is gonna take me. I traded my old 2010 Nissan Turbo Diesel over to the Universe. I did love this Girl Beast, but it was in dire need of some tender loving care.

I have heard some shit comments about the Jeep and some other things like price of parts etc.. At the end of they day you need a car that relates to you and if it makes you happy it is just so worth it!

I did do some 4x4 training ages ago with Nissan club and learned a few things. I did some volenteer work at the Nissan trials ages ago. I felt really bad for my Girl Beast just wasting away. I needed a new car that was smaller and fun.

I am hoping the Jeep club has some fun events that can teach me some skills that can help me get Joy out of my new toy. I kinda would like to do some sand driver training somewhere simple if Boat Harbour is still open for 4x4's.

The Jamboree looks awesome. Do they need any volunteers here? I am really looking forward to making some new friends and meeting new people.

I live down in Sutherland Shire, and I hope to see some of you soon.

en-Joy!

Linda

If it doesn't make you happy its not worth doing............... ;-)

Welcome Linda Keep an eye out for trips and events, there's plenty going on at the moment in the lead up to the Jambo. As for volunteers, we always need them and want as many as we can get for the Jambo with so many jobs to do leading up to and during the event Up the top of the forum is a tab called 'forms' there's on in there about any skills you might have that we can use in the Jambo, not that you need any to help out but it's a good spot to go and fill it in so we have your details and know you're keen. Or just come along to a club meeting, the next is this wednesday, plenty of people to meet and chat to there.

Cheers, and again, welcome.

Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Welcome Linda & great to see you followed you your heart. I don't believe your turely happy with any car unless it the one you are set on no matter what it is.

YES we are always looking for volunteers.

As for sand driving I believe they have closed most places, but we do run trips to Stockon to run on the beach & Sand Dunes.

What year or model is your Wrangler?
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Welcome Linda & great to see you followed you your heart. I don't believe your turely happy with any car unless it the one you are set on no matter what it is.

YES we are always looking for volunteers.

As for sand driving I believe they have closed most places, but we do run trips to Stockon to run on the beach & Sand Dunes.

What year or model is your Wrangler?
    I spoiled myself and got the 2012 Model. (Auto) Has lots of potential ;-)

Yeah I am thinking of going for the Jeep Jamboree for a bit of fun, god knows I need it.. ;-) I have tons of camping gear that I haven't used in AGES. OMG, dang, just realized my Engle fridge aint gonna fit in the back. OMG I realized again I can take out the back seats!

This car is gonna be so fun. Just love that I can take it apart and put it back together again! Tops come off, the doors come off and WOW Goodyear Tyres have a wrangler brand.

Been to stockton beach ages ago. #1 4x4 failure for me bogged in the sand 1st go didn't let the air pressure out of the tyres to correct PSI. (I lost my 4x4 driver, and though me and a friend had the correct knowledge to achive this goal. 2nd most embarassing moment of my life)

Hey, how often does the club hook up for club meetings?

en-Joy,

Linda

If it doesn't make you happy its not worth doing.

Welcome.
    It's great to read some real enthusiasm in your post. Yes the wrangler JK is awesome and oozes 4x4 capability. Ive had mine for 18 months and it's been the best investment, plus a few mods..(it's a life style).
    SJC is a great club, get on one of the trips ( we're all hoping for better weather to get out again) and enjoy your new toy..
    Cheers
    Jose
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Paralize View Post
    I spoiled myself and got the 2012 Model. (Auto) Has lots of potential ;-)

Yeah I am thinking of going for the Jeep Jamboree for a bit of fun, god knows I need it.. ;-) I have tons of camping gear that I haven't used in AGES. OMG, dang, just realized my Engle fridge aint gonna fit in the back. OMG I realized again I can take out the back seats!

This car is gonna be so fun. Just love that I can take it apart and put it back together again! Tops come off, the doors come off and WOW Goodyear Tyres have a wrangler brand.

Been to stockton beach ages ago. #1 4x4 failure for me bogged in the sand 1st go didn't let the air pressure out of the tyres to correct PSI. (I lost my 4x4 driver, and though me and a friend had the correct knowledge to achive this goal. 2nd most embarassing moment of my life)

Hey, how often does the club hook up for club meetings?

en-Joy,

Linda

If it doesn't make you happy its not worth doing.
    Welcome to the club

Dont believe all the comments about parts they come from Nissan and Toyota owners who have no idea Jeep is THE most supported brand for aftermarket parts, you dream it and good chance you can buy it

Meetings are 1st Wed of the month so this week Location is posted on the front page of the club website this month is at Dooleys Sporting Club, Regents Park , Time 7:30pm on Wednesday the 2nd of May (02/05/2012)

See you there

Welcome hope you enjoy your wrangler as for the camping gear just get a trailer , we have only joined the club a little while ago then had to go Mia but are coming back again even though we haven't got ours yet but I have never been in a nicer club and it makes for more enjoyment

Hi Linda ,welcome, love your enthusiasm. Come to our meeting and introduce yourself.

Hi Linda,

So glad to hear of another female driver in the Club, there are a few of us who are Wrangler enthusiasts .. the trips fill up fast so keep your eye on the trips and put your name down. Would love to meet you, will be at the meeting on Wednesday night ...

Maggie

looks like I can prob make the meeting on Wenesday, its not all that far from me. 1/2 hour drive. Please don't hassle me if I rock up in my Patrol... This is my final drive of my Girl Beast before I replace it with my Joy Toy on Friday...

I really want to see all Yr Jeeps too and meet all of you as well..

Cheers,

Linda