Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Mods can you get away with

Default What Mods can you get away with

Hey I am wanting to do somethings for my wrangler TJ though in USA they get away with them Such as a Stinger on the front bumper or Beadlocks i want to no if anyone has either of these mods and if they have ever been hassled by the police because of this because im sure that not alot of people know what bead locks are even though they are illegal you could run them and no get pulled over. Another thing is that i run my Tires outside my guards which is apparently illegal though ive never got pulled over or anything but when i went to Camp coffs i was the only Jeep that had their tires past the Fenders.

Stinger will get you a defect for sure, not exactly subtle. Beadlocks not so bad as there are plenty of fake ones runnng around now, tyres outside the gaurds is just asking for trouble. Dont know if that helps or if it's what you wanted to hear

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Keep it simple keep it neat, mudflaps, cover your tires, nothing protruding way past the front of your rig

stinger will get you pinged like steve F said...... i run beadlocks, they dont stand out as such, but they arent legal... i know that if i get pulled over, its one more thing that i can get done for..... tires hanging out of the gaurds is like waving a red flag infront of a bull..... keep your tires covered.... yes it looks cool to have em hang out, but you'll look silly when you car is on the back of a tilt tray with a defect sticker on it cos the tires hanging out caught a coppers eye....

most of the bigger cars in the club run mudflaps also, again, they dont look as fucky as you want, but it keeps everything neat and legal-ish......

the less attention you can draw to yourself the better in my opinion.......

It's not just the legal aspect. Illegal mods could void your insurance as well as possible void of your 3rd party. A ticket is nothing compared to many $$$ if you're involved in an accident regardless of who is at fault.
    It's a risk many take and hopefully come through their ownership unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    the less attention you can draw to yourself the better in my opinion.......
    This is probably the best advice anyone can really give you.

My old motto " Out of Sight Out of Mind".
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

easier said than done when one 37's

No thanks for the reply that for years ive had the tires past the guards never been a problem just don't have them on when your getting it registered it saves scraping your sides and you can continue going even though your stuck on a wall so i dont have them showing off there just out by a inch most cops are worried about people going 5kmph over the speed limit. I would love to try and get some beadlocks even Graham from 4wd action runs them on his petrol so not many people know what they are. I will not be putting a Stinger on even though i would like to have one.

yeah i got my Stock mudflaps i dont mind them but its just seeing if anyone really cares about my Tires hanging about 2"s past the guards ive drove past cops and never got pulled up

ive been done for having my tires out of the guards when i had my tj..... the less you can give cops to pick on the better....

jsut cos one cop didnt pull you over, doesnt mean they all wont....

im pretty sure its only high way patrol who can pull you over for a defect.... but thats not to say a normal cop wont pull you over and then get a highway patrol officer in......

buy extended flares, get some mudflaps, and keep the car looking as tame as possible......unless you enjoy making love to the long arm of the law