Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Mods can you get away with

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    jsut cos one cop didnt pull you over, doesnt mean they all wont....

im pretty sure its only high way patrol who can pull you over for a defect.... but thats not to say a normal cop wont pull you over and then get a highway patrol officer in......
    Don't you believe it. They all Can & will if you give them a reason. Just Highway Patrol's Jub description to do it.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Well ive always had my Tires further than my guards my dad and cousin has been doing it for years and never been a problem so ill just see how long it can last before i have to get some larger ones to destroy the awesome look it makes. I wanna get a Set of spyderlocks cause there my favorite beadlock and im worried bout pushing the tire off the rim but theres so many stupid looking wheels that some people put on cars and wheels that have fake bead locks i should be able to get away with it.

unless, like me, you enjoy making love to the long arm of the law
    fixed

Quote of the day Rey

Quote Originally Posted by uniuckychucky View Post
    Well ive always had my Tires further than my guards my dad and cousin has been doing it for years and never been a problem so ill just see how long it can last before i have to get some larger ones to destroy the awesome look it makes. I wanna get a Set of spyderlocks cause there my favorite beadlock and im worried bout pushing the tire off the rim but theres so many stupid looking wheels that some people put on cars and wheels that have fake bead locks i should be able to get away with it.
    sorry mate, i must have mistaken your first post as asking for advice......

at the end of the day, its your car, your license, your money, your insurance etc.......do what you want.....

if your dad, and cousin have been doing it for years then they have been lucky.... you sound like a young fella..... do you really think a jeep on P plates isnt attracting enough attention for the law? now imagine that jeep with tires hanging out, no mud flaps, bold bead locks..... get my drift....

if you are looking for members on here to help you justify your mods, you probably looking in the wrong place.....

you need to work out what you wanna do with the car, if it is an everyday car... keep it modest, if its somthign your building for tuff truck... go nuts.

id hate to be that guy who say "i told you so"

id hate to be that guy who say "i told you so"
    O' but he will.

Anyway Rey wouldn't break the law with his daily driver either, mind you neither would I.

absolutley not......... but if i was to, id make it as hidden as possible...............

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by uniuckychucky View Post
    yeah i got my Stock mudflaps i dont mind them but its just seeing if anyone really cares about my Tires hanging about 2"s past the guards ive drove past cops and never got pulled up
    Did I see you driving on the Great western Hwy, city bound this afternoon? If so, It's only a matter of time before you get pulled up by the cops, because those tyres stick out like a sore thumb! Looks a little bit crazy too!

I dont think so My Green Tj has been home for quite some time now the only other person i no that has tires past the guards is my Cousin in a 2011 silver rubicon

maybe you guys could get a group discount when it comes time to clear defects?

especially when you go bragging about it on a public forum.