Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Driver Awareness Day 2 June

Quote Originally Posted by AussieCJ7 View Post
    Sitting in Rydal pub enjoying a steak and the heater
    Yup as I type with fresh beer in hand.

Great work from Brian and Heidi running a very good awareness session it gave the newer members a great base to start and gain confidence and a good refresh for the experienced members

My wife looked at the bottom of the practice hill thinking why am I doing this and got to the top and said is that it?

Highly recommend the pub for anyone who doesn't want to camp on any of our trips up there, good clean rooms great pub meal and even better breakfast

Great time,excellent training Sitting in pub after an informative training day. Don't you wish you'd come? Well there's always next time. Book early avoid the rush.

Congrats Brian and Heidi I thought I knew it all but your interesting And informative session has given me the confidence to 4x4 safely. Thanks again.

Yep, great session despite the rain, the fire an shelter always helps.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Great day,thanks Brian and Heidi, learned heaps and had fun too, but boy the fog on the way home, PHEW, but worth it . thanks again guys, David the dog man..

Diner &desert even better.

Thanks Brian and Heidi. I had a lot of fun, thanks for all the great tips I got from both of you...

I got a good run home. 2.5 hours from Lithgow to Sutherland. I can't believe it, been living in Sydney for 22 years and they are still stuffing around with the roads in Katooma!! Not too much traffic on the roads that was good. My GPS lead me down Great Western Highway to M7 to M5 fairford road, home in no time at all. Not too much fog, a lot of rain. I put 37psi in the tyres thanks to Davids suggestion so that little (!) on my dash didn't come back on.. 12lrt/100k fuel consumption on way home, much better than the 14.5ish..

Yeah, I was born to drive a Jeep. This car just gets better and better every day! I wonder if I will ever get and led readout on my dash that says "ctrlaltdelete" the "escoff".. dang what was it, heidi got it.... electronic stability control??

We worked out the down hill assit button seems to lower yr revs, sorta like reverseing the engines on an airplane.

I think I am gonna label one of my extra unused buttons in my car unwise.exe

Thanks for an amazing day.

Cheers,

Para

Glad you guys enjoyed it
    Need to do this on a regular basis

Visitor

Big Thanks Brian and Heidi for a well run day and Brian for sitting shotgun in my Jeep

I learnt some and got refreshed on some stuff i already knew.

I would be very interested in some more exploring of the Rydal area tracks with the possibility of leading some trips for Jambo