Thread: what suspension for a zj

Default what suspension for a zj

have just bought a zj and want to give it a lift and would like to be able to run 32" or 33" tyres just wonder what suspenion other people are running and woul recommend ??

What is your budget? there are a couple of ZJ's in the club now at different sizes. What do you want to do with it? Daily Driver? Family Car? Weekend Toy?

I started out playing just stock as a rock, even though I'd had highly modified 4wd before it was still fun.

A few answer & a bit more info we can help you better. look for what you want a the end picture to be & work back from there.

Go the MIGHTY ZJ!!!!
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

I want to make it a bit of a allrounder,play toy on the weekend than drive to work during the week. I dont have real big budget so i want to do it right the first time. I had a xj cherokee before with rubicon express 4.5" lift and 33"muddies & it was awesome,should of never sold it

If I was to do my ZJ again I would go straight to the RE 4.5" Long arm Kit from Wooders
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Visitor

I run 3.5 inch lift kit and .75 inch coil spacers and 32 x 11.5 tyres. I needed bushwhacker flares to to stop the scrubbing at the front. Since putting the flares on I now could run 33 x 12.5 comfortably but would recommend that the 4.5 inch rubicon kit is more thorough and suited to this tyre size... You can squeeze 35 inch tyre s with that kit but there is lots more work involved... Hope this helps