Thread: Front and rear bars Aust Design standrds

Default Front and rear bars Aust Design standrds

Hi Guys,

A question was posed which interested me as i about to purchase a front and rear bar second hand. A friend just had done the same and was then told "It may no meet Aust Design Standards"

So the question is " For any NON-Factory bar [ front or rear] how does one verify compliance with Aust safety standards?" This question also includes ARB and TMJ.

Do commercial outlets provide an engineering certificate stating compliance with road legality [ nsw primarily] ?

Could a commercial outlet simply leave all the onus to the driver Citing " the bar is intended for OFF ROAD use only."?

Curious about peoples thoughts.

Shane.

the only front bars that i know of being ADR comliant are the ARB, TJM, MOPAR, and DBOR.......

thx reyzor,

A friend recently bought the rugged ridge bars, and I hear that the company he bought them from are currently looking into the certification.

every company is "looking into it".............. whether they follow through with it or not is another story

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    every company is "looking into it".............. whether they follow through with it or not is another story
    Problem is that the process is very convoluted & Time consuming. Worse for every "authority" you talk to you'll get a different answer.
    Technically speaking no aftermarket bumper is ADR Certified, just that they do or do not comply with the rules.
    Any certification is done on a specific vehicle basis.
    Then there is the Australian Standards that need to be adhered to. These rules can't be just downloaded, but need to be purchased. And this included marking/placarding - which interestingly I have not found an any of the other brands (inc ARB) I have inspected recently.
    Basically these rules are a crock of shyt that protect the big players and make it all but impossible for small players to certify small volume bumpers.
    Now ask me what I really think of it

haha, i knew id get a rise out of you......

Thx Wooders, i am imagining what you REALLY think of it.