Thread: Sunday 26th August - Baal Bone & Pinnacles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sunday 26th August - Baal Bone & Pinnacles

__SORRY - I'M UNABLE TO LEAD THIS DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND MY CONTROL. I'M HAPPY TO ASSIST OTHERS WITH DETAILS

To ensure that Jambo Trips are well organised and to allow others who may be unsure but are willing to lead these trips.

I'd like to organise a trip firstly through Baal Bone and then onto the The Pinnacles which commences just north of where Ball Bone ends. Basically two tracks on one day.

This would be rated as moderate wheeling but lot's of fun and being picturesque, would appeal to all.

All type of Jeeps welcome. From our last experience, all Jeeps would be able to do this but would be better with moderate modification to suspension though.

Need the usual recovery points and recovery gear. There are several water crossings so a blind or tarp may be advisable depending on water levels.

This trip will proceed only if weather permitting,

Where -- Baal Bone, (The start is about 13 k from Lithgow. (about 14k from Rydal show ground), then onto The Pinnacles, which normally starts about 44k north of Lithgow at Capertee. (about 46k from Rydal show ground), Ends around 24k from Rydal) at Sunny corner, though we may back track and exist back at Capertee.

When -- Sunday, 26 august 2012,

Meet -- Meet -- 7.30am @ Richmond Macdonalds for 8am departure from Macdonalds Richmond

+++ 2ND MEETING Departure at 9:30AM MacDonalds LITHGOW (Where I'll meet with you, as I'm coming up from Great Western Highway side) +++

Grade -- B-

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, UHF radio, food/drinks of choice. A camera would be good for reference.

This run is limited to 12 vehicles ..............

Post up.

Regards
    Steve
    Ph 0411-853859

1. SteveC (Out at this stage)
    2. AV8
    3. Steven.Boyd
    4. IanC
    5. Jeepney
    6. JP
    7. Nekked
    8. dobbo56
    Will2003tj
    10. DK
    Last edited by SteveC; 23-08-12 at 08:34 PM.