Hi Steve,

Great choice. I think the Pentastar auto will be a great combo. I love my CRD but I have to say that if I were to replace it tomorrow then I don't know whether I'd stump up the extra for CRD again or just stick with the V6. The CRD is a great engine with stacks of torque and are proving to be very reliable but they seem to be asking a lot more for them now (compared to the V6) than they were when I got mine.

The 265/70/17 tyres are within a bee's private parts of the stock tyre size so running them will be no issue at all, even when stock. As for whether they'll be still under the guards with the wheels you've got, that's a bit hard to tell without knowing the wheel specs. Another option if you want to go bigger is sell you KM2's, sell your stock tyres, and buy a new set of 285/70/17's. That's what I'm running. They fit under the stock guards OK. They can fit under a stock JK (maybe with larger bump stops) and will have no problems under a 2" lift. With the stock wheels they rub on the front sway bar but if you have different wheels then you will hopefully not even have that problem.

The main issues you'll have with a stock 4dr is the ramp over angle. My mate's stock Triton used to get over things with far less fuss then my JKU when it was stock. My auto bash plate took a hell of a hammering until I got the lift in, not to mention bending the side steps up into the body work. A 2-3" lift sorts that out though, as well as getting rid of the god awful stock springs/shocks. There are masses of choices for lifts, even more so for the V6 as that's what all the US lifts are designed for. For me though you can't go past the Suspension Stuff flexy springs with shocks of your choice. They ride well, empty or loaded up, and flex great off road. I run the Rancho adjustables with them so I can soften them right off for off road work (combined with sway bar disconnects they flex up really well) and dial the shocks up a bit for a firmer ride on road or when carrying a load. You may also want to look at other things such as front track bar, rear track bar bracket and adjustable control arms (I got lowers but some prefer uppers) so that you can get the front end geometry back to where it should be.

As far bars, all I'll say is watch this space. I've got a mate who is currently prototyping a bar similar to the ARB bar, so one that has full wings that fits with the shape of the car well and fits up to the stock flares, will take the OE fog lights, is winch compatible, will be ADR approved (not just compliant but actually approved) and is aiming to sell them at between 60%-70% of any of the other ADR approved competition (ARB, TJM or DBOR). Can't wait to see one in the flesh (and get one on the front of my JK!).

All you have to now is find one and pick the colour you want!