Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve's jk

Bear
    I did consider the thumper. It has a lot of advantages and in a smaller size. The only negative - it's an expensive investment for what you get and is if the battery dies, it makes it a bit more so. I think the 48ah is about $540.....

I happen to have two deep cycle optima's in the shed and thought it best to utilise one of them. It has the added advantage to start any vehicle due to it's high CCA if the main dies. The Ark Pack cost me $135. If I did not have the optimas I would have given the thumper stronger consideration.

BTW The other Optima D35 48ah is for sale. It's just two years old and looking for a home.....

ive got a 2nd battery in mine from battery world..... came with a box, charger and the battery installed for about 1200........ its a 110aH dry cell battery, can be run at any angle etc..... have a squiz next meeting if you want steve

There is enough space under the front seats to mount a D35 on its side

Quote Originally Posted by Miraz View Post
    There is enough space under the front seats to mount a D35 on its side
    I'll check that out.
    Thanks

I installed some upgraded head light globes from 60/55 to 100/90, which I bought a while back.

I'm worried that the wiring loom or the JK system will cause problems.

Do you see any issues or problems? Has any one done this successfully?

Thanks

Visitor

I am running them in my TJ but i am unsure for the JK

Why would the wiring loom cause problems?

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Why would the wiring loom cause problems?
    I spoke with some one at Piranah and they strongly advised against globe upgrade on the new JK. I asked about an upgraded wiring loom and they even said they would not want to sell me a upgrade loom as it won't protect the JK's system.

I did not really want to do so but I think a set of driving lights is on the board but way down the track............

I have now reinstalled the original globes - so if someone want the 100/90's they can PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    I spoke with some one at Piranah and they strongly advised against globe upgrade on the new JK. I asked about an upgraded wiring loom and they even said they would not want to sell me a upgrade loom as it won't protect the JK's system.

I did not really want to do so but I think a set of driving lights is on the board but way down the track............

I have now reinstalled the original globes - so if someone want the 100/90's they can PM me...
    the wires/wiring are/is fine - However jk's have a current sensors on all circuits and if you change the headlight globes to nearly double the std wattage you risk tripping out the current sensors - this will be evident by the lights coming on for a few seconds and then turning off and then cycling from on to off kinda like your own personal disco LoL

my 2 cents - if you have jacked up your JK, ( 2" right Steve) your lights will already be in the rear vision mirror of cars you are following and a 90watt low beam will be very uncomfortable for the car in front especially whilst waiting at red traffic lights - I pity you if that car is a hwy patrol LoL

if you intend to run 90/100w globes then there is an easy solution, just run 1 of the 2 headlights off a relay. (double pole - hi & low beam)
    cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    the wires/wiring are/is fine - However jk's have a current sensors on all circuits and if you change the headlight globes to nearly double the std wattage you risk tripping out the current sensors - this will be evident by the lights coming on for a few seconds and then turning off and then cycling from on to off kinda like your own personal disco LoL

my 2 cents - if you have jacked up your JK, ( 2" right Steve) your lights will already be in the rear vision mirror of cars you are following and a 90watt low beam will be very uncomfortable for the car in front especially whilst waiting at red traffic lights - I pity you if that car is a hwy patrol LoL

if you intend to run 90/100w globes then there is an easy solution, just run 1 of the 2 headlights off a relay. (double pole - hi & low beam)
    cheers Hunty
    Good points Hunty. I'll stick with the stock ones for sure.