Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve's jk

im up 3.5 inches and on 37's (jsut had to say it again) and i run HID's........... pulled up behind cop cars etc..........

Visitor

Did you say 37s

Visitor

the girls say it not even 3.5 inch and lucky to make 37 seconds

Bahahahaha you know Rey to well.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

What, you want me to cuddle afterwards?

Today I got my 3 x 2M of #1 gauge cable to use between my Warn xd9000 & control box that I placed under the hood.
    I soldered the 6 lugs and shrink wrapper the ends. So far so good. I routed the cables as best I could with addition split tubing. The cables witch I numbers first, back ensuring that I placed them in the right places.

The trouble I have is that it winds in OUT OK but does not wind IN.

I can hear the solenoids click but something is a miss.

Has any one an Idea/method on how I can test or fix this PLEASE

Steve

Well I worked out the problem. One of the solenoids was faulty. An easy test to do with a multi meter. Even though they were "clicking" it was not passing on the power. Ended up buying a new warn solenoid from mannel Motors for $38. At least they had them in stock. Fitted it , secured the cables etc and she is all working. yipee

Also got my Procal from Jeep Konection,, as they were the best value and it was in stock. what a good thing it is, it does what I wanted to.

I'll post pics later today.

Steve

The other day I finalised the duel Battery System. Unfortunately there is no room under the 3.6L hood, so......
    Using a Projecta 150amp System, 6m of red 4B&S cable for the positive, 2M of black 2B&S cable for the negative and the Ark pack in the cargo area gave me the best option.
    I ran the power cable from the projecta that sits on the main battery (using velcro) and ran it under the carpet to the cargo area where I installed a 175amp Anderson Style plug so I can easily remove/move the 2nd battery as required..
    I hope pictures explain it better. It's a clean set up and works well. It also allows you to move your electrical requirements well away from the Jeep unlike fixed duel systems. I can even move it to the floor behine the driver's seat if I need flexibility.
    Steve
    Projecta.jpgPlug.jpgArk.jpg

Relocated Number plate
    As may know and as been discussed in the past, the position of the rear number plate when fitting a tow bar (or even larger tyres and/or rear Bar) can make repositioning of your number plate difficult. There is the option of the through the spare wheel attachment but then you can't have a cover. so lucky for me, my 5 digit plate fits Exactly in the Mopar License and light fitting holder, which is really designed for the American system but worked for me. It should comply. The normal 6 digit plate would not work without it hanging out the edge

PLate.jpg

It doesn't comply....the spare wheel obscures the number plate by more than the local regs permit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD