Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve's jk

Visitor

The guys at Tyre Power in Narrabeen did mine. It's two businesses in one; Tyre Power/British and Swedish Motors and they do lots of work on Land Rover/Range Rover's both new and old and most of the guys are 4WD'ers (Mal the owner used to compete I think) so I thought I'd give them a go. They seemed to do a good job with mine and I didn't get any of the usual "it's different from the patrol!" comments while they stand a scratch their heads which I took as a good sign.

Visitor

you will clear 35s with a 2.5'' lift you will need to have 2.5'' rear bump stop and 3inch up front, you may remember my red 2 door rubi this is what i was running. Also on stock rims with a 1.5'' spacers, no rubbing at all i think it was the perfect set up, and best of all it all look proportional.

Thanks
    I don't think Ill run 35 for quite a while but I appreciate your suggestions . Im stuck with my 32 KM2 till funds permit.

Well finally got some good news , well as good as I can get after some "terse" words with the Jeep management.
    My Jeep will be ready for this Friday though I need to return it Monday for two days to get something installed, which they forgot about.
    Anyway the excitement is building. First new vehicle I'v bought in 20 years!!

Well At 4.30 today i drove the new jk home yipee
    Not sure if any one else has the new 3.6 but first impression is its smooth and quiet. Mind you thats only 10 ks. Need to getused to the higher standing which will be a bit strange when its lifted
    So the fun begins

Visitor

Post up a few pics.

Good luck with the build

Visitor

That's great news Steve.

Can't wait to see some photos and then see the transformation begin!

Well done Steve. Hope you get to love the Jk us much as most of us do ours.... you know what I mean....pics please....once setup need to come south again and play in Yalwal.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Steve, knowing the sort of person you are, you don't want any hassles with the long arm of the law. Stay away from spacers. Get offset wheels when the time is right.

Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks guys
    Well first thing was to read the manual then remove softtop. What a hassle on yr own
    Managed but silly how they ship it
    Rey good advice. I hve a set of steel 17x8 fr the grand which have +30 offset compared to oem This shld do me fine for the moment
    Btw wht fuel r u using as manual say dont use premium!

Visitor

Use the 95 RON fuel Steve. The Anything less or E10 u will find the motor will start pinging. So 95 or above.