Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve's jk

I use bp ultimate. It runs tons better. But not sure what the new motor needs.

Yep BP Ultimate is my only choice! I've tried all the others and it seems to work the best. But like Rey said not sure about the new motors!

Thanks guys,I'll check with Jeep about the newer motor.

From past experiences, the last thing I want to do is minimise drilling unessential holes, So people, where have you installed your UHF?
    BTW I came across this for the plate holder. about $80 delivered
    holder.jpg

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Thanks guys,I'll check with Jeep about the newer motor.

From past experiences, the last thing I want to do is minimise drilling unessential holes, So people, where have you installed your UHF?
    BTW I came across this for the plate holder. about $80 delivered
    holder.jpg
    I think this is the US style one. Handy in that the location is already there so no drilling but it sticks out past the side of car so I'd be worried about damaging it off road. You can see it, though not very well, on this photo. This was a JK I hired in Hawaii a couple of years ago.

Might be better to try and use that mounting plate but see if can go on on the rear bumper between the section of the bumper that sticks out around the end of the chassis rails and the spare tyre.

Usually mount the radio behind one of the two panels below the steering wheel out of sight of the villains.
    Last edited by Bear; 16-09-12 at 05:20 PM.

No pics = didn't happen!
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

I need some help/advice guys

I started with my mods.
    The first was to install the larger springs and that's where it stopped. I could not compress them enough to allow me to put them in. I dropped the axle as much as it would allow me,
    Is there a technique, trick or larger spring compressors?? I was short about 4 inches!!!

Help?? Desperate new JK owner.

Visitor

I had the same issue when I fitted my front springs (which are about 575mm long uncompressed). People said all I'd have to do is disconnect the sway bar, the shocks and the track bar but I wasn't even close to getting them in with that. In the end I had to disconnect the drive shaft and the lower control arms to get the axle low enough (and it was still an effort to get them in). The big issue then is getting the axle back into a position to get all of that lot (particularly the LCA's) connected again. Now it'll depend on how long your springs are as to how far through that you have to go but if I ever had to do it again I'm going to buy some spring clamps. The ones I saw were about $150/pair for the biggest ones I could find (in Repco I think) but it'd be worth it as it'd save me hours of pulling, pushing and swearing while sitting on a cold concrete floor.

Well I started at the rears a gave up after a few hours. I think I need longer compressors as well as a cordless 1/2 ratchet to save my punny muscles.
    paul - the last thing I want is to start disconnecting stuff, too hard to realign
    I might resort to a shop but who?