Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve's jk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

are those ends removeable? looks good mate....... needs a fat stinger :P

Yes Rey. They are removable - just 3 bolts each side and you can place a plate in place

good stuff.......

LED light
    A few weeks ago I bought a set of 12-14 LED interior and exterior lights.
    They do not work in the JK for some reason or they physically are too long to fit in other places. (Luckily they refunded me in full)

If any one is interested for other models, let me know?

If they have upgraded their JK interior to LED successfully, I'd be happy to hear from you
    Thanks

Visitor

I think you need to put resistors in line for the LED's to work in the Jeep. Read / heard it somewhere.

Yep as phil said.... LEDs have a low resistance, so low that the car can't figure out its there..... Resistors will fix that

Load resistors from jay car, 20ohms should the job.

Can you expand on the resistor thingy

The problem is in the two sets of courtesy lights (which was my main goal). - they work with the indicators, number plate etc except they don't actually fit, they are too long!

Well I worked out the LED's - I had the dimmer too low for them to come on. dooh!!! They now work sort of.

also on weekend I installed a metal mesh behind the front grill. For Jeep to leave it with gaping holes is stupid and it should be standard. Anyway - Off I went to look. The commercial version would be about $80+ and I'd have to wait. That's no good. So off I went to visit Supercheap and there it was hanging on the wall in several colours. Naturally being a conservative type I chose black. They come in one size only which happens to be JUST right, though you need to shorten the length. for $20 it was a bargain. I needed something to hold it, so off I went to bunnings to see what I could do while thinking of that sausage sizzle smell drifting through the building.
    I bought some small cable ties & 3 packs of six peel & stick cable tie holders. A bit under $10.
    Once I cable tied it all I wanted it even stronger so I squeezed some gooey mastic to smother the cables ties and holders & mesh to ensure a pemanent fix. It looked horrible from the back but there is no indication from the front and it looks great.
    Highly recommend it.

Speaking of LED's I've pretty much replaced all my light with LED's now and am replacing the front indicators now I have a digital flasher unit. Also ordered a set of CREE Q5 LEDs for the reverse lights, interested to see how they do as they are a more direct beam but seem very bright at 7W each.

This video (these are 5W) gives you an idea of what to expect with these single LED's. I ordered some extra to do the front indicators as well. Also looking at using some for some cheap homemade rocklights in PVC pipe, small and cheap

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076