Thread: Swaybar Disconnects

Question Swaybar Disconnects

G-Day Guys,

Any suggestions for brands of manual swaybar disconnects for a 2007 JK Rubicon, with 2" OME lift. My electric push button F#@%ING discos keep burning out the actuator motor, so JEEP are looking at replacing it for me, as it started as a warranty job and they don't seem to be able to fix it!

Price would be good as well!

Cheers

Andy

I'm looking for a Broken Rubi sway bar....if you want to swap for a normal sway bar and some disconnects then let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Visitor

I am about to install JKS Quicker Disconnects in my jeep. After a lot of research they were my best option, I am sure they do them for a JK as well, They were about $200

Visitor

I've got the JKS ones in my JK. I've had no problems with them so far (though not used them that much yet) and from what I've read they are the easiest to use and best made of the various options out there (Rancho, Synergy, Teraflex,.....).

Andy..
    1 purchased aev procal, evo manual disconnect. (I got mine from SBR Offroad. Around $300

2 get jeep to replace the electric swaybar. Then get home and before you get it wet remove the new motor, and bag and tap the connector

3 install the manual knob thingy and use the procal to disable the swaybar electronics , and save the new motor for when you want to upgrade the heap.

This is what I did and haven't had an issue since and it's heaps easier to connect than JKS disco links
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Cheers Jose,

Jeep are going to replace the electronic disconnect for me with a manual one I hope.

Why? Get the new motor and sell it on AJOR. Motor is worth quite a bit money!
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks