Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 33'' Tyres

Visitor

Default 33'' Tyres

Looking at 33''s for my TJ

Looking at Cooper STT, BFG KM2 and Micky T claw TT,

What are people running and what are your thoughts ?

I run the km2 great tyre and my pick of those listed. Also very quiet on road.

Cheers
    Steve

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

I am leaning towards the KM2, They are 0.3 of an inch smaller than 33's and the Coopers are 0.5'' bigger than 33's

Just looking for more diff clearance

but i don't think half an inch os any thing to worry about. More looking for the best tyre to last, At the price its not something i want to change every year

I have heard poor things about the coopers....I like the look of the km2's an the ttc claw..... Though when I get new tyres im gonna stick to my procomp extreme MUDs...... The quietest tyre I've seen of that sort of tread pattern.

Though when I get new tyres im gonna stick to my procomp extreme MUDs...... The quietest tyre I've seen of that sort of tread pattern.[/QUOTE]

if only they worked in the MUD

We only run 31's but I have had 3 sets of cooper stt's on my TJ and last June we put a set of MT TTC claws and the difference in stability on the dirt was noticable. We are very happy with them.

I was getting 70,000km plus from Coopers but don't think I will get that from the claws.

Visitor

Think i am going to go with the Coopers STT as i can get them at a really good price and after much research they seam to last longer.

Hope to fit them this weekend, now to find bigger bump stops. to save my guards

to keep their warranty the need to be rotated etc by an authorised service centre etc.......

and vince, road pressures all weekend mate..........

steven, dont get good years, they make you get stuck on logs

I can tell you a story - My brother had some coopers on his zook. They were only HT's but they had a problem and he went to get them fixed under warranty as the tread was warn out at less than 20,000
    No way he was told from the cooper rep, because they were imported ones. AND he bought them from BOB JANE!!!! with receipts etc

Never again. Coopers

Visitor

Just ordered Cooper STT's. 285/70/17 or just over 33''

Got a good price and got them from a authorised seller listed on their website. Actually meet the guy at the 4wd show last weekend

Hope to get them fitted this weekend. They fitted in my budget as the others were not prepared to price match. Still not cheap but.

The dealer is offering 2 free rotations and wheel balancing and alignment with the deal.

Then Wheeny Creek next weekend