Thread: Front Axle work

Default Front Axle work

Who should I go to in Sydney (Parramatta region) for Front Axle UJs?

Like a few others, I have recently decided to check movement in the front end. The axle UJs are starting to show some small wear and movement, and the Ball Joints also have slight movement (vertical - about 1.5mm). Neither is significant at this point and I am leaving repairs until I have leave over the Xmas break. I am keen to go with Synergy (DblBlk) ball joints, although believe that UJs should be easy enough to source locally without needing to pay extra for delivery. Unless someone advises to go with a specific brand that will withstand the rigors of wheeling in a JK. Does anyone know where I could get a ball joint clamp set (like they sell from quadratech)?

For any who do not know, I drive a 09 JKU CRD Auto - Dana30 front diff, no other significant mods where this is concerned.

Further, I have been trying to diagnose a noisy clatter. So far I have replaced all 3 idler pulleys and serpentine belt. The noise is a "clatter" like a steel bracket on a loose bolt. There appears to be a bit more movement in the power steer pulley (shaft, in and out), but there are currently no metal filings in the PS fluid. Water pump?? do not know how to check. Any suggestions? It is a horrible noise, sometimes just stops but is there mostly. It is present when the veh is stationery, so not related to drivetrain.

Cheers

Jas

Have you tried Wooders ?

For ball joints and unis ring wooders..... Next day delivery if in stock.... Very happy..... I saved a lot of money ordering from wooders than ordering from DBOR... For a mechanic see John @ JMac diff and gear, Arndell park..... Old style traditional service... Very happy again.......

Thanks Stu and Mani. I'll give Wooders a call. Did not even think about them for UJs.

jamc is good, but ive found him to be hard work at times with jeeps......

he was the scrutineer at the masters comp....... i tried to give him work based on that alone, but his attitude and prices turned me to langs......

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    jamc is good, but ive found him to be hard work at times with jeeps......

he was the scrutineer at the masters comp....... i tried to give him work based on that alone, but his attitude and prices turned me to langs......
    I have never had an issue with John's pricing, always cheaper than anywhere else at the time and have been going to him for any diff work for nearly 10yrs now... His custom work regarding bars' & his control arm's are not cheap but worth the extra money....... He know's Jeep diff's/suspension's very well.........
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    +1 for Langs at Hornsby, good bloke and good prices.

Sweet will look them up when the time comes, I would like to regear the diffs as well. And... And... And...