Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday 18th November Ourimbah State Forest

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
    Hi Guys,

Sorry, I was down in Melbourne all day yesterday and didn't see this. It looks like I'm going to have to pull out out anyway (too much damn work and I also really need to spend time checking things over on the JK before it goes in for it's final "under warranty" service next week) up2nogood can have my spot and SteveC can still go if he wants to.

SteveB, please can you take my name off the list? I'm determined to get a free weekend soon to get on one of these trips!

Thanks guys.
    No worries Paul.

See you next time

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by AV8 View Post
    GDay Steve.B

Syl and I are set for Sunday but I seem to recall someone said something about the track being very dusty. If it continues to rain, thats going to be one fun mudslide if not a deep pit, one she (WJ) might not be able to crawl out of.

Whaddaya think?

Yes we have had some rain. and it dose become very slippery as it has a clay base.

Some of the tracks will become very slippery with the clay and rocks so this will present a challenge even with good mud tyres.

Once we get up to ourimbah we can assess the tracks and there are other options for us to drive. But everything will become a mud bath if we get to much rain.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
    What time Palmdale, Steve?
    Hey old man.

we will be on Channel 15 so will be in radio contact once we turn off the free way

plan to be leaving the truck stop at 8:20 so should be at Palm Dale at 9am

There is a small gravel parking spot on Palm Dale Rd on the right about 250m from the start of the road.

Question. Have you had much rain up on the coast?

Visitor

NO worries... see y'all on Sunday.

The radar image doesn't look too good at present (Mardi Dam is happy though..) and satpic looks like it's going to be overcast, maybe some showers over the next few days but as you said, we'll assess the tracks on the day.

I'll be trying out the Android Go Pro app from the cab.

Visitor

sorory Steve, have to pull out, hope we can do this trip again asap next year

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi kev View Post
    sorory Steve, have to pull out, hope we can do this trip again asap next year
    Hey Kev

No worries.

We will be doing more up that way as it's close to Sydney.

Arghhhh have been counting down the days for this trip... Can this rain F off until Monday please

Visitor

Yes Steven, it's been raining all day. My experience suggests that it's not much fun up there when its wet. Too slippery as everywhere is clay base.

I'll meet you at Palmdale and see from there.

Thanks for the info.

Visitor

Once we get up there we can assess the tracks, if its to wet there we can always head up to the watagans.

Visitor

Not being negative, but if it's crap in Ourimbah it'll be same in Watagans. And Watagans is political at the moment with all the closures happening up there. Might be sensible not to give them ammo to use agains 4WD'ers.