Thread: who wants a Aussie locker

Default who wants a Aussie locker

A few Weeks ago i purchased a Front dana 30 Aussie locker they are made in the USA and do not sell to Australia This locker is the best thing ive ever done to my 97 Jeep it has easily made it 3 times better off road! Its a front mechanical locker and Cost $250 I am going to the states In January and If anyone wants one Please reply.
    To clear a few things up with how the locker works.
    -On the road In 2wd you cannot feel it though it has a very faint clicking noise when you go around corners though its harmless.
    -can take 4 hours to put in for someone who has never done this before. There is a video on youtube that shows how to install it.
    - In 4wd you can still steer and have control over the vehicle though the turning circle Is not as good as it is in 2wd.
    -If you want one buy it online from the website though send to the Address I will give to you and I can bring them in at the end of January or send down for a extra $55
    - This Aussie locker was the best thing you can do to your Jeep for less than $300 and unlike a Air Locker that costs $1500 you have alot of control when the locker is engaged.
    - The Aussie locker does not Sell to Australia I tried hard to get them to send one out though you need to know someone over there for it.

Visitor

Hey

I am keen to give one a go. when do i have to place the order by and where did you get yours?

Visitor

I was considering an auto locker set up like this one a few months ago but I was turned off the idea because I was lead to believe that it is quite dangerous to drive in 4HI at over 60 kmph because you tend to loose control of steering when cornering.... Has this been an issue for you I imagine if i was touring this would be quite a considerable problem.....Also because I have a 242 t'case and it would rule out the AWD option on road for towing

Quote Originally Posted by a_boogs View Post
    I was considering an auto locker set up like this one a few months ago but I was turned off the idea because I was lead to believe that it is quite dangerous to drive in 4HI at over 60 kmph because you tend to loose control of steering when cornering.... Has this been an issue for you I imagine if i was touring this would be quite a considerable problem.....Also because I have a 242 t'case and it would rule out the AWD option on road for towing
    Adam,

I've still got one in my Dana35 (which is sitting at Steve F's place).
    they are also only locked when under drive pressure.

Hunno
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Visitor

I was more thinking of a front auto locker... I don't believe an auto locker in a dana 35 would last too long with my driving style

Hmmmmmm, maybe your right. Having said that I only broke one axle
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!