Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TangMo, a '97 TJ Project

Visitor

And finally the last of the Bling has come off today, installed the Genrite Rock Sliders on

Still the issue of getting myself into the Jeep, SLS (stumpy leg syndrome)
    Last edited by shefy; 29-09-15 at 01:17 PM.

Visitor

Ready in time for Xmas have put in new carpet (3 piece moulded) for the whole floor.
    Then replaced the centre console with a Tuffy steel unit and completed with new Rugged Ridge neoprene seat covers (red and black of course) to refresh the 16 year old look, looks absolutely great.
    Next in line is a fold up step to replace the temporary one.

A BIG THANK YOU to Dave from Wooders for sourcing and installing and all the advice, can't wait for the steps.

Attachment 2649 Attachment 2650

Getting very close to my wish list vision from 2 years ago........

And then the big one....... have all this ENGINEERED.

That's an awesome looking TJ... Seen it in person at the Xmas party... Really nice.... Well done
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

Thanks Jose, still have the fold up step to sort out. I noticed you face a similar challenge with your rig.

Quote Originally Posted by shefy View Post
    Thanks Jose, still have the fold up step to sort out. I noticed you face a similar challenge with your rig.
    Yes we do.... When the 37's go on it will be a lot worse...lol
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselcon View Post
    Yes we do.... When the 37's go on it will be a lot worse...lol
    Are you planning anything to help with that? would love to hear any ideas or suggestions you might have. I've looked at anything from a milk crate and a rope to the invisible electric door operated hidden step ($$$$$$'s), looks like it will have to be custom built.
    Will keep you posted if you're interested in doing something similar.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by shefy View Post
    Having checked with people in the trade none seem to have known that the louvers were illegal.
    Further more, they all seem to have pointed that most vehicles seem to have these vents pointing to the windscreen either from the bonnet such as most BMW and Mercedes or from between the bonnet's edge and the windscreen in many other common models so I'd say that if I was to be picked on this it would be very easily and successfully challenged.

Attachment 2119

If anyone else may have heard anything on this issue or have anything to add perhaps Miraz, I would appreciate any input.

Hi Shelfy,

Having worked on Mercs and Bmws in the past, I can say that the fire wall is pretty far forward on both, the louvers are on the 'plenum chamber' side of the fire wall, as an air intake for the A/C - heater system, and the plenum area is 'sealed' and seperate from the engine bay, thats why they have no issues...

Rob

Visitor

Just another routine service for the TJ turns into another nightmare production....... four days down and the tally stands at 4 ball joints, 2 uni joints 2 front axle oil seals, 1 rear axle oil seal bearing & retainer and 1 dead (after market) cruise control which I still haven't found what's wrong with it.........

I LOVE MY TJ !

Default TangMo a 97 TJ Project

Cool project, I am like seeing it done from the beginning. Are you going to box the frame near the notch?