Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TangMo, a '97 TJ Project

Mate - That's a hell of a project - Well done

Visitor

Thanks Steve, I know it's not the end of it not by a long shot but it's starting to pay me back in fun, since Jambo it has put a big smile on my face

Visitor

Would appreciate any help or advice on putting in an extra fold up step on my TJ.
    Being blessed with short stumpy pair of pegs and the TJ now being 6" taller it has become a bit of a stretch climbing into the cabin.
    Have had a good look around and found the Hideaway step which I don't like.

Attachment 1988

Found the Landrover Defender has a rear and side fold up step that looks good and sturdy but may require me to look at different sliders which I wanted anyway.
    Attachment 1989Attachment 1990Attachment 1991

Has anyone seen or know of any other products or solutions that would fit a TJ or perhaps has any ideas, I would appreciate any feedback.
    Last edited by shefy; 12-12-12 at 06:27 PM.

Visitor

Well done mate, good to see a TJ get some TLC.

Visitor

Thanks D.K.

Saw this at Wooders on Saturday looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shefy View Post
    Hi all
    I'm a new member to the SJC, I joined after attending the Jambo and after constant gentle prodding from Dave at Wooders ......
    usually its colin who does the prodding..........

Visitor

Hi Reyzor.
    He did too, they kinda took turns, when one was on the phone the other would "remind" me, Oh BTW have you joined the SJC yet? Jambo's coming up, have you got your tickets yet? I'm glad they did though, saved me from a lot more needless mistakes compared to almost a year the pains of trial and error (mostly error)
    Last edited by shefy; 18-12-12 at 04:56 PM.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Will2003tj View Post
    Saw this at Wooders on Saturday looks awesome
    Thanks Will2003tj, yours looks very good too I do like that slider you have on. I'm looking for a set up that will take in a fold up without too much drama, still looking.

Visitor

After an eventful day at Wheeny Ck which ended with a rock sliding from a slope hitting my door and body panel (just clearing the rock slider) and my transfer link yet again slipping out getting me stuck in low range, thanks to the help of the boys I limped back home with my tail shaft on the passenger side floor doing 50kmh (@ 3000rpm) all the way back to Mona Vale (75km).

The TJ has finally gone in to have the front and rear lockers done as well as the gear ratios (4.56) and the cursed transfer link changed to a cable shift (Novak) and a speedo fix as well as a front diff skid plate.

Next, fix the panel damage.