Thread: TangMo, a '97 TJ Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Visitor

Default TangMo, a '97 TJ Project

Hi all
    I'm a new member to the SJC, I joined after attending the Jambo and after constant gentle prodding from Dave at Wooders every time I was up there with a new "problem" needing a fix, thank you Dave for being so generous with your knowledge, time and patience.

I have bought/rescued this 97 TJ about 18 months ago from what appears to have been prolonged abuse and neglect by it's owner with the purpose of realizing my dream of that great Australian trip, building a capable off road unit as well as a long range (dare I say it) touring and camping 4WD.

After a very busy year when the TJ had more hoist time than on the road and one fabled trip to Cape Tribulation, cross to Mt. Isa then down back through Northern N.S.W (back in May), it is finally starting to take shape and nearing completion (you can all stop laughing hysterically now).

This is what it looked like shortly after I got it, ripped front bumper bar, leaking like a sieve from every conceivable orifice, engine that sounded like a medieval sword fight and those were the good points.

First casualty was the rear seat which had to go and replace that dinky front bar with an ARB bar, a winch and a pair of spotties.

A set of 32" X 10.5" X 15" Procomp AT tyres completed the first stage.

More to come......
    Last edited by shefy; 02-01-15 at 12:02 PM.