Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watagans

Default Watagans Sat 12 January POSTPONED

++++++++++ POSTPONE DUE TO WEATHER+++++++++++++++

Have not been there for long time. Not sure about what's available to 4wding after hearing about many tracks being closed.

Can any one shed light on this ? I'll also try to contact the "park management" to get an update too. ALL Members are encouraged to put ideas forward, which is always appreciated.

Where -- , Watagans State and NP
    When -- , Saturday 12 January 2013
    Meet -- Old weigh station past Berowra on the Pacific Highway (PH) just before peeling back onto the F3.

Easiest access is 2nd exit off F3 after its start. After exit ramp, Turn R at T junction onto PH. Through Berowra and its 2Km further on.)

Time -- Meet at 8.30am

Grade --, C-B

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.

This run is limited to -- Any

Further info contact --- Steve Cassano 0411853859 BUT D.K. will run this trip dependant on weather etc

Attending:

1. SteveC (95% out)
    2. Skizzi
    3. Mikeb
    4. Shefy
    5. D.K
    6. Rhino
    7. a_boogs
    8. Nekked
    9. ick72
    10. Big Blue
    12. Stefan
    Last edited by SteveC; 11-01-13 at 10:49 AM.

Interested, love that place

Visitor

Im keen on going if you ever organise a trip. Never really been there and would love to go with someone that knows the place well.

Visitor

I would be very interested doing this trip, only ventured a couple of times into the Laguna end a few years back and loved it.

Visitor

Yep definitely interested!

Cheers,

Nick

I did a little recent through Daniels pt rd and white mans a few weeks ago....it's in pretty good condition for a B/C trip at the moment

Hi Steve

Count me in please.

Im planning a trip upto the watagans for another club ATM, what's the thoughts on-

- rope road
    - prickly ridge road
    - zig zag
    - greens break road

these are trails that I have been told are "difficult", personally haven't been on them on would been keen to hear the club members opinions on quality/ suitability.
    I'm currently waiting for Tony Vaughn to from the association to get back from holidays, I have been told that he knows Watagans really well and can offer local knowledge of these trails.. Once I have spoken to him ill post his reply.

Im also planning on running a reccie of these trails if any jeeps would like to join me around 5 or 6 January .

Visitor

Yep im interested...

Interested, yes. But need a date. Will you have sliders by then Steve? My memory of Watagans is that it was a grade higher than Wheeney Ck. Just a thought. That is where I decided to upgrade from plastic OEM steps. Lol

Was up there yesterday and looking around most of the tracks are open at this point but even main roads have lock gates erected . I lived on the coast most my life and was my play ground . Not sure of any hard tracks as only had a hour or so to visit if you are looking for b tracks I could be in dependent on dates