Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WATAGANS - Saturday 9th of March 2013

Due to past weather (apparently a lot of damage to tracks and fallen trees) we may have to postpone this ONCE again PLUS have no one to lead this on 9th, but will post up later this week & discuss at Wednesday meeting.

Most likely reschedule for 16 or 17 March.

let me know who wants to still attend & when?
    Steve

i like to do the 17th,i have to book my Saturdays months ahead, cheers David.. see you Wednesday.

Visitor

Wait to see the weather report later in the week.

If we cant get up into that area would any one be keen to come for a drive to an area that drains well ?

Where ? Tasmania?

Visitor

On our second day of no rain and warm weather up here on the Central Coast. Same goes for the forecast Wednesday and Thursday. I think you've pulled the pin a little early. If it stays like this for the next three days it will be almost perfect conditions on the tracks. I'm all for preventing undue damage to tracks, but if you continues to veto trips a week before they are due to run, based only on the previous weeks weather, then you'll never get out!

The word "May" was used

Visitor

Still doesn't remove my point Steve. You are making a very early call based on weather up to the day you said "may". This whole gently gently approach is getting a bit too gentle for my liking. Yes we don't wheel when its been bucketing down with rain the preceding days. But to doubt the viability of the tracks a week before is just ridiculous. We're becoming our own nanny state within a nanny state. Anyway, I'm going fishing instead, whilst I still can before the government create another marine park on my favourite fishing ground.

If I was worried about the nanny state then I would not have driven in mud and pouring rain last weekend up some serious hills.

It's based on people who live five minutes away who told me about current conditions and to be prepared. Do you want to remove trees for 6 hours? I didn't think so.

If you don't like it then don't sign up on my trips.

Why not lead your own? I see little leadership.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Where ? Tasmania?
    I was thinking Rydal but will wait to see what the weather is like later in the week

Settle down guys lets keep it friendly