Thread: Alternate power steering fluid for KJ ?

Visitor

Default Alternate power steering fluid for KJ ?

Is there a non dealer(Mopar) power steering fluid that will work properly with a KJ? The fluid reservoir ran dry so I need to carry some with me or be able to buy some satisfactory alternate when there is no dealer near by.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg1231 View Post
    Is there a non dealer(Mopar) power steering fluid that will work properly with a KJ? The fluid reservoir ran dry so I need to carry some with me or be able to buy some satisfactory alternate when there is no dealer near by.
    I believe it's just auto transmission fluid and ATF+4 is not required for the steering system. Nulon multi transmission fluid should be ok, but check your owners manual I'm sure the fluid is listed there.

Sent from my EBM727KC using Tapatalk 2

Visitor

Thanks. I'll look it up

PAS FLUID
    Pack Size: 1 Litre
    Semi-synthetic fluid designed for use in Land Rover ACE and power steering systems. Also suitable for use in power steering systems that require automatic transmission fluids and in all Chrysler/Jeep power steering systems and US built GM/Holden/GMC.
    Key Specifications: Land Rover PAS 14315, Chrysler MS 5931/MS9462, MB 236.3, MB 341, Ford M2C195A, GM 9985010

http://www.datateck.com.au/Lube/PenriteAus/

Personally I would not be putting trany fluid in the power steering. - IT IS NOT the same stuff.
    unless in a emergency repair/ something -is-better-than-nothing situation

good luck with it.
    Last edited by rainman; 02-04-13 at 11:04 AM.

That's what the owners manual says, believe what you wish.

Visitor

PAS fluid.

Thanks. I will give this a try. If it is designed for the specification then it is suppose to work.