Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tool Box Day - 6th Apri l2013

Visitor

Id be keen, but i need to replace a dead fuel pump (again). I am checking the fuel pump relay later today, ... just on the off-chance.

Tank out - anybody got a Genright fuel pump lock ring tool i could borrow?
    Last edited by D.K.; 23-03-13 at 07:45 PM.

Visitor

Well I am out, wife has a baby shower and just decided to tell me. Looks like my oil issue has taken care of itself for the moment - the wonders of AMC. I was keen to see what I would need to do to one of the XJ rear bars to get it to fit my Waggie. I soo need to get the spare out of the cargo area, the 360 is begging for an extra 100 litres of LPG and since I am driving this thing daily at the moment I am getting sick of getting gas every couple of days as 60 litres does not get you far.
    So Dave I will get there, and I am still keen to see if one of those bars can be made to fit without too much pain.

have fun
    Cheers

Visitor

Well, what a day! Thanks heaps to everyone for helping out with my JK today. I'd have been royally stuffed if I'd attempted any of that in my driveway, even more so with the issues we found. It was a great day though, learned heaps, had a laugh doing it, and met a few folks I'd not met before so all good. Might not have quite gone to plan but that's all part of the fun. Wooders even tried to provide us with our own swimming pool as the rains came down and tried to flood the place.

The drive home proved uneventful (meaning I got home without anything falling off!). The steering does feel better after changing that uni out. Tried a few slow, tight turns and didn't seem to get the wobble through the wheel that I was getting before. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and see how it goes. Think I'll still do the other side as well, just to be sure. I'll save that treat for when the new axle comes in.

Thanks again to all,

Cheers,

Paul

That's great news Paul.Yer I would probably wait until the new axles arrive too.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Great day thanks for the water activities Dave, thankyou hunno for the dry clothes.

Visitor

Thanks to all for putting up with me for the day and thank you Dave for letting me spend money after the biblical flood :O ! !

Visitor

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365290062.773072.jpg

The only pic I took of the day

Well
    I think at the end of the day it was productive day all round....even if it wasn't how we'd planned
    Thanks everyone for your help when the flooding began, and at least now I'm confident it won't happen again soon and it appears not mush other than a few boxes has suffered.
    Any interest in another day where hopefully the weather will be kinder and before it getts too cold?

Yep, as I need to get on to my XJ " Blue Thunder" the Safari Wagon.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Yep, as I need to get on to my XJ " Blue Thunder" the Safari Wagon.
    Let me know when, and I'll come help if I can! I'm good at holdin' stuff and... stuff. Might learn something too!