Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool Box Day - 11 th May 2013

Default Tool Box Day - 11 th May 2013

SJC Tool Box days are an open invitation to all members to do some wrenching on your Jeep or to help out someone else.
    To be held at 4 Leighton Place Hornsby
    From 9am till we finish
    So anyone got anything they'd like to add to the Job List

Visitor

I'm in. Still got a couple more ball joints and uni's to look at. I'll try and not make mine last all day this time so someone else can get a go as well

Visitor

High steer for my JK.

Upper front arms, fix sagging roof lining, rear centre break light, reverse lights, replace missing bolt in left hand rear wheel cylinder & degrease engine on XJ.

Install axle to XJ camper.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

I'd like to add the Car trailer build or the wife's CJ8 engine swap - but that might be a little selfish
    So I'll suggest the BBQ Trailer ....as a low priority...

Alway me me me

CJ 8 as classic not plastic is coming

Visitor

If Wooders gets the Novak shifter in, that would be a good one for me.
    The upper (sliding window) doors ive got on order might be a bit too much for me though .
    Last edited by D.K.; 10-04-13 at 06:46 PM.

I wouldn't mind just being there and helping at this stage. Paul, ball joints and UJs is what I will be doing next - so I would like to see it done before doing mine. I have not decided if I will just pay to get it sorted. Parts already sitting on the shelf waiting. Synergy BJs, UJs and axel seals. Did the right side turbo hose a couple of weeks back and wanted to make the order (freight) worth it, so I ordered the other parts at the same time.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by jbrad View Post
    I wouldn't mind just being there and helping at this stage. Paul, ball joints and UJs is what I will be doing next - so I would like to see it done before doing mine. I have not decided if I will just pay to get it sorted. Parts already sitting on the shelf waiting. Synergy BJs, UJs and axel seals. Did the right side turbo hose a couple of weeks back and wanted to make the order (freight) worth it, so I ordered the other parts at the same time.
    I'm not quite claiming to be an expert yet but the ball joints aren't difficult. Dave's got the kit to do them so better to come along and do them on the tool box day. At least you know they're done right. The worst part is pulling the axles to get at them, or rather the worst part is putting the axle back in, but after our learnings from last week doing mine it should be a doddle now. If you've got the axle out you might as well do the uni's while it's out. The one we did last week on mine was a pig but everyone assures me they're not usually like that and should only take 10 minutes when the axle is out.