Thread: Help advice, mayb a job at wooders garage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Visitor

Exclamation Help advice, mayb a job at wooders garage

Hey guys after seeing my jeep zj today nearly finished at the auto elec I had a decent look at the tjm (t16 high loop nugde bar) I no these bars are usually a softer metal but the mounting point is solid what looks to be 10mm steel that is welded onto tubing, now what I've though of doing for recovery points is where the crossmember for the nugde bar is joint where the spot lights are usually mounted is putting a 10mm backing plate as well as a front 10mm plate and attaching recovery shackles. The problem is as I'm no expert on nigde bars would this work, or would I end up ripping the crossmember out

Or the other opinion is working something out on the mounting point which is solid steel 10mm plate which would be drilling 16mm holes on the plate putting a rated shackle in and just using a equalising strap, and being pulled, towed out of trouble with that recovery set up, again I'm not a expert about this so ANY ADVICE is a start thanks a lot guys

If you don't understand the nudge bar set up type in on google tjm t16 high loop nugde bar. Look at images. Same as the black toyota hilux
    Cheers guys

Mitch
    Last edited by 98ZJ; 10-04-13 at 06:54 PM.