Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gibraltar Rocks - Sunday 19th May 2013

Visitor

Hi SteveC, it is likely that I will be coming from Bathurst on the Sunday due to a catch up with a mate, would it be possible for a Mt Victoria meetup? or, if Bells Line of Road is taken to the very end, a meetup at Lithgow?

Visitor

Bummer, going to have to pull out. Have to be interstate that weekend now. Have a great run, all.

is this trip open to anyone or you have to be a Sydney Jeep Club member, if it is open I would like to go but will a stock JK unlimitted be ok?

Cheers

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by vstanman View Post
    is this trip open to anyone or you have to be a Sydney Jeep Club member, if it is open I would like to go but will a stock JK unlimitted be ok?

Cheers
    i would suggest that it'll be OK for you to go on that trip being a C+ on a stock JKU. I did it with a stock 29" Grand. You'll enjoy it so much that you'll get online immediately after the trip and join up !

Then again it's not up to me...

Cheers
    It should be OK but it would be better if you had mud tyres but that depends on track being wet or not.
    Please make sure you have recovery points front and back.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    Hi SteveC, it is likely that I will be coming from Bathurst on the Sunday due to a catch up with a mate, would it be possible for a Mt Victoria meetup? or, if Bells Line of Road is taken to the very end, a meetup at Lithgow?
    We can meet up at My Victoria as it's actually shorter distance that way rather than through Lithgow. It should be about 9.15am
    but please confirm attendance.

thanks AV8 and SteveC. anyother things needed? winch? I just installed an arb bumper but no winch yet. will the stock recovery point at the rear be ok? or what are the options? do we need to bring extra petrol?

Cheers

Sunel

thanks AV8 and SteveC. anyother things needed? winch? I just installed an arb bumper but no winch yet. will the stock recovery point at the rear be ok? or what are the options? do we need to bring extra petrol?

Cheers

Sunel
    The rear loop is OK for recovery in the rear and if you have a tow bar even better. Tow bars for JK's are worth it as they are less than $200.
    While a winch is helpful it is not necessary on this trip. There will be others with a winch. It is better to have rated recovery points on front. Not sure if the arb has them on or not.
    However as part of club policy you should carry a recovery kit. At least a snatch strap and at least two rated bow shackles.
    The trail is not that long but fill up at convenient stop on the way

Visitor

Stay away from tow balls, as they sometimes grow wings. You wouldn't want a broken tow ball hitsiles through the Jeep or worse through yer noggin. Get a hitch shackle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    We can meet up at My Victoria as it's actually shorter distance that way rather than through Lithgow. It should be about 9.15am
    but please confirm attendance.
    Sounds good - will definitely be along - whether I meet you all @ Maccas in Richmond or up in Mt Victoria! Hopefully it doesn't rain too much up there so my stock 2 door isnt stranded too often haha