Thread: Rock sliders

Visitor

Lightbulb Rock sliders

I'm setting up my 4 doors jk to whats is required on trips requirements. However I had a tjm bullbar fitted and tjm do not have rock sliders to fit my jeep. I do had a pipe bender and a welder if someone has sketch plans for making my own sliders.

Or would the club like to considered drafting sketches plans for sliders and we could make them in house, and possibly sell them on the web.

Await advice, Cheers

Ummmmmmm no how about you give Dave a ring at Wooders garage and get a club discount as well

Visitor

I've always found making stuff for your jeep very rewarding and you may find others that may be interested in getting in on making a set for there jeep

But it may cause problems with some if
    You wish to resell them

Visitor

I've checked what's on the web in the States and there. some I like, but still like to make my own to save money. I have emailled Wooders regarding whether he has some rock sliders to suite my jk, will go to see Dave at his business.

I have the equipment to make the sliders if they can be bolted in place where the existing side steps are. Equipment available to other members to use.

Visitor

We got the Hanson ones from Wooders for our 4 dr JK. They sit high, have a little step and are strong- we've landed the Jeep on them several times and they've worked a treat. We've also got the TJM front bar, snorkel and winch.
    We broke both the original side steps within the first month or two.... So the sliders have proved a very wise investment!!!
    Cheers Tanya

Visitor

Thanks Tanya, I will check with Dave re your suggested sliders. I now all I need to find are jerry can holders for my camper trailer; two for the front and one to secure to the back swing out tail gate to give me 100 litres of fuel for remote regions travel.

Cheers Rob

Well if you have the skills then go for it. I merely meant the club couldn't do it as a commercial venture.