Thread: Wheel Alignmeny

Default Wheel Alignmeny

Hi Jeepers, a quick question, where can I get an alignment that knows the specs for a JKU as I just had a lift.

Try Pro-Axle at Smithfield, [97255330] I've used them before and they really know there stuff. Cheers Doggy Dave..
    Quote Originally Posted by vstanman View Post
    Hi Jeepers, a quick question, where can I get an alignment that knows the specs for a JKU as I just had a lift.

I get mine done at Jax tyres Blacktown

Quote Originally Posted by dobbo56 View Post
    Try Pro-Axle at Smithfield, [97255330] I've used them before and they really know there stuff. Cheers Doggy Dave..
    I agree with ^^^

Jax Liverpool is my choice!!

There's not much to a jk alignment. Unless u need to adjust castor (if you have put adjustable control arms) just need a tiny amount of toe in, no more than say 3mm total, and then centre the steering wheel. That's it. I take it to whoever and tell them to put a 3mm toe in, and it's done. My castor I've set under one of their machines myself, and got them to do the toe, and I set the steering wheel with my aeroforce gauge.

Visitor

Not too many places have machine that fit around 35's.

Agree with Wally, Stock JK configuration allows adjustment of toe-in & steering wheel centre.
    Camber, caster, thrust, steering Axis, Included angle, Scrub etc can't be adjusted.
    So becareful at how much you pay for a wheel alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    Agree with Wally, Stock JK configuration allows adjustment of toe-in & steering wheel centre.
    Camber, caster, thrust, steering Axis, Included angle, Scrub etc can't be adjusted.
    So becareful at how much you pay for a wheel alignment.
    True Dave but at least they give you the figures (LH & RH) and show you if anything is not quite within spec, thus allowing to make (read buy) adjustments.
    Depending on vehicle & height - for eg 3" lift = the very least you need is lower control lower arms, (or as some have done lower boxes), track bar and rear trackbar bracket. You will need more to improve ride etc it's endless................

steve

I've always been looked after well at Pedders at Granville - on James Ruse Drive just before Parramatta Rd. The owner there has had some big wheel 4x4's himself...

Dave