Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW Snowy Mountains Tour - January 2014

Both tracks are weather dependent - in the dry neither of them are going to be a problem, in the wet....I'd make other plans.

The steep bits of Deddicks are right next McKillops bridge, so you can go and do a recce before committing to take the trailers in there - my wife's Pajero made it up the climb with a 1700kg camper on the back without any issue on all terrain tyres. There is an alternate all weather road along the river if you don't want to tackle the climb onto high ground.

Davies Plain track is a similar story - once you cross the river at Tom Groggin there are a couple of short climbs, but once on the high ground it's an easy trail - again no issues with trailers in the dry, but could get nasty in the wet. The bad weather option would be Khancoban->Thredbo->Snow River Way->McKillops

My suggestion would be to do Charlotte's Pass and Kosciuszko as a day trip returning to Khancoban on Day 3, Day 4 would become Khancoban to DPT, Day 5 DPT to McKillops, Day 6 McKillops to Orbust, Day 7 Orbust to Blue Water Holes. This would be pretty conservative, we did Tom Groggin all the way through Deddicks with a trailer in a single day (then drove back to Sydney that night :-))

I'm in.
    Hunno
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Jax & I are in
    Luv My Jeep!

Hey it looks like we're getting the band back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Hey it looks like we're getting the band back together.
    I guess me being the new kid on the block will just walk around in all black with bum crack poking out the top of my jeans pushing gear around (read roadie)

Put me in for this please. I will confirm how many I will have with me later. I think my wife is working over Jan 14. Kids, who knows? I may convince them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    I guess me being the new kid on the block will just walk around in all black with bum crack poking out the top of my jeans pushing gear around (read roadie)
    Roadies are a few important part of any band. Besides a good band always grows. Besides bum crack hanging out is my job!

I'm a distinct maybe...

Visitor

Dave, I will certainly be on the trip, may have to reduce my trip to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island a couple of days so my partner will not be too stress in adding a couple of days to her Christmas leave. We're hoping to go to Brazil when the world cup is on, and my partner is trying to save some her rec leave.

Cheers Rob

Depending on recovery from op, we may be in!