Thread: Pm spam

Visitor

Default Pm spam

Did anyone else get a pm in another language ?

Yep about 4.3 million, well the actual figure is just under but you get the idea.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Visitor

Oh yeah. No way I'm gonna sit and read all them!

I've made some changes so visitors can only send one pm to one recipient every 3 minutes. That should be enough for the spammers to give up on it. They also can no longer post messages to your profile. Club Members can still send unlimited PM's to as many people as often as they like.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

My Dear
    Greetings,I know this mail may come to you as a surprise,I am Barrister Mussa Issah the solicitor/counsel to the late Sanni Abacha who was then before his death, the President/Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
    Just yesterday his widow wife Mrs. Mariam Abacha called to intimate me of the condition of her family over the pursuance of fund by the Government over the husbands alleged loot.
    In fact, She conferred in me that her son was working with a German National only for the German to take advantage of the situation, there by setting her son up in Germany where he went to claim his father deposit. You can verify this fact your self through the German Embassy over an alleged Abacha's Son, Mr. Abba Abacha trying to pull out the sum of (US$40 M) Forty Million Dollars from the Bank.
    At this point in time, She solicited my humble self to look for a reputable gentleman who will be of great assistance to the family and somebody who can take over the sum of $27M (Twenty Seven Million United States Dollars Only)which is presently deposited in a Security Company, for investment. I will later on the course of this transaction disclosed to you the Security Company accordingly.
    If you will be interested to act upon on receipt of this mail, please do contact me on the enlisted contact adress and more so be kind to issue me with your current Telephone Number for prompt conversation.
    Thanks for your sincere understanding while looking forward to your positive response/cooperation.
    Regards,
    Barrister Musa Issah
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

You're gonna be rich chris, I know a couple of Nigerian princess's we could run away with!!!!

Tempted to revise the Gary Mccann Approach.

BTW is there a way to clear the 4.3million notifications?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    BTW is there a way to clear the 4.3million notifications?
    Should be fixed now I've finally found it, been looking on and off since Steve C sent me a PM recently to remind me.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 21-08-13 at 06:00 PM.
    Public Officer - Member #076

Thanks Steve?