Thread: Need a mechanic

Default Need a mechanic

Okay - I've spoken to various people who have provided some advice and the consensus is:

Change out the gearbox. Don't bother trying to open it up and repair it...for various reasons.

so....can anybody recommend a Jeep trans/gearbox mechanic that won't kill my baby? I'm on the the North Shore but I'll take it wherever it needs to go.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know anyone on the North Shore. If you want a Jeep recommended mech, maybe ask SVU or another Jeep branded service centre who they use.

Otherwise you could try http://www.transmissionservice.com.au/index.html in Rosebery (southside, sorry). They only do aftermarket transmission work and I was very happy with the work they did for me.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 06-08-13 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks Dave - I'll give them a call.

Hi Dave - thanks for the recommendation. Serge over at CATS sorted it all out. Price was on par to the quotes I'd got but he'd already called suppliers to make sure parts were available before calling me, he also replaced the clutch which I doub the others would have bothered to mention. The work was done in 3 days, not 3 weeks and it feels like a new car. They're NRMA approved and I'm very happy with the result. Would definately recommend them.

Wow, that's awesome! Similar service that I received, and I'm very glad that they are that good to everyone. Thanks for the update!

Dave