Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XJ Tyre Size

Visitor

Default XJ Tyre Size

Hi Guys,

I have a lift kit for my XJ in the garage but I can't fit it at the moment as my son is borrowing the car, the problem I have is that it needs new tyres meaning I will have to put new tyres on now and then again when I fit the lift kit. Can anyone tell me what the biggest size I can put on it with out the lift is? The car won't be a daily driver once I get it back so the tyres will last quite a while, hence I want the biggest for when I do the lift. While my son is driving it, it won't be going off road. Any advice would be appreciated.

Alternatively does anyone have some reasonable used tyres in stock size that they want to sell?

Cheers,
    Keith

Hey Keith, If it is of any help I have a set of Mickey Thompson Classic III on 33's x 12.50, not sure if they fit, they were off my TJ and are only 3 months old, they cost me over $3000, and I know they are not new any more, but I need to move them, I want $2000, let me know if you want to have a look. Cheers Steve

Yes the rims are the same bolt pattern & will bolt on. However I don't think standard tea axles will stand up to much punishment from 33's.
    Having said that gave Dave at Wooders a call he may just a set of 2nd hand XJ rims & road tyres for sale that will get you through.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Keith,
    If you plan to go offroad then the largest would be 30x9.5.
    If you don't go offroad then you could fit 31x10.5. but be aware you will need to adjust the steering stops to prevent rubbing on the front lower arms at full lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep11 View Post
    Hey Keith, If it is of any help I have a set of Mickey Thompson Classic III on 33's x 12.50, not sure if they fit, they were off my TJ and are only 3 months old, they cost me over $3000, and I know they are not new any more, but I need to move them, I want $2000, let me know if you want to have a look. Cheers Steve
    What size rim and back spacing do they have?

Hey Keith, Mate I am not %100 on the back space, rim size 15x7 and the back space I think is 3 5/8, but I am happy to meet you some where if you want to try them, I am at work right now but tonight might be able to dig up the paperwork on the rims and tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep11 View Post
    Hey Keith, Mate I am not %100 on the back space, rim size 15x7 and the back space I think is 3 5/8, but I am happy to meet you some where if you want to try them, I am at work right now but tonight might be able to dig up the paperwork on the rims and tyres
    Doubt 33x12.5 would be fitted to 15x7. more likely 15x8.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    Doubt 33x12.5 would be fitted to 15x7. more likely 15x8.
    Yep they wont fit them as its illegal. Max. size on 15x7 is 32" & most dont like doing that.
    Last edited by Hunno; 23-08-13 at 04:57 PM.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Yeah sorry you guys are right 15x8, 20130604_190512.jpgsorry I thought they were 15x7

Visitor

Thanks for the info guys, I got 245/75/17, so I think that's about 30.5 x 9.5. Look like they will be good with the lift too until they need replacing and then I'll go a bit bigger. Now if I could just get my car back from my son I'd be laughing.