Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XJ Tyre Size

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep11 View Post
    Hey Keith, Mate I am not %100 on the back space, rim size 15x7 and the back space I think is 3 5/8, but I am happy to meet you some where if you want to try them, I am at work right now but tonight might be able to dig up the paperwork on the rims and tyres
    Hi Jeep11,

Sorry but that wasn't me asking about the backspace etc.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    If you plan to go offroad then the largest would be 30x9.5.
    If you don't go offroad then you could fit 31x10.5. but be aware you will need to adjust the steering stops to prevent rubbing on the front lower arms at full lock.
    I'm also thinking about a set of Muds or more agressive A/Ts for my 1998 XJ, the lift is aprox 2-2.5', I have 30s on now and they seem ok, I have had the rear tyres touching the inner Guards a few times already , would I be better sticking with 30s, or will 31s run ok, Its mostly for touring, but I would like to get as far offroad as possible at some point?

Thanks

Visitor

Anyone? I'm tied between BFG A/T, Used them before, generally good grip and hard wearing, but but looking at the reviews the reputation seems to be a little weak at present in Aus? possible manufacture issues?
    Or Hankook M/T, also used hankooks before but not M/T, a guy just down the road has some on his triton, I had a chat, he says he bought them only because he got a good deal, but they are much better than the MAXXIS big horns he previosly had, both for noise and grip, on and off road?