Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow myself to introduce...... myself

I think Jet Kev did his rims with plasti dip. ask him about it. Doggy.

Visitor

Plastidip is a great product. I have done a few things on my jeep.

It is holding up well even using the high pressure washing

in terms of on wheels all it will take is to rub on the curb and it will rip and if you scrap your wheels while offloading it will also rip.

it can be repaired with thinners and respraying (see YouTube videos) and its a pain.

Ask the dealer how much the difference will be to drive it away with the all terrains on it. My mate paid approximately $500 or so on top to have them swapped to the BFG KM2!!!

Visitor

Hi Wally, the dealer wants something stupid for the bigger tyres, tyres plus wheels was well over $2000 extra. Plus the tyres he had there were mud terrains, I would prefer ATs.

Steven, pretty sure scraping the rims will damage them, whatever I do, my mums alloy wheels are scraped to buggery. I"ll cross that bridge when I see how frequently it occurs.

Mosman - that's only up the road from me at Castlecrag (Willoughby).
    I'd recommend stay with the OEM rims for now, as they appear to be the right size for what you intend to do. Perhaps hunt down a set of tyres in either 265/70/17 or 285/70/17 (if they are 17" rims). Any of the common named tyres will do , just depends on budget I suppose
    Steve

Visitor

Hi Steve, yep, no plans to change the rom size, just the colour. I just want to change out the regular tyres for AT tyres

Try spray Teflon, a mate of mine does his motor bike wheels with it, seems to last.

Visitor

Well we picked up our GP on Thursday, timed to allow me to drive it to Cowra for a site visit for work. A good chance to start the engine off correctly. Was a great trip and love it. Not sure what all the people who say its uncomfortable and far from luxurious are comparing it to, compared to my clapped out Rocsta is some sort of dream machine.

We tried sleeping in the back, but it wasn't really working out so we ended up driving back to Sydney in the night. What a fun ride. Had the top off today for a test, super fun. No place to store the hard top though so that's a problem with summer coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    What is GP
    Thanx Wally, has me puzzled as well

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4