Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Allow myself to introduce...... myself

My youngest was 2 1/2 (a few months off 3) when we did Cape York, that was 20 something days straight in the Jeep and a roof top tent. She loved it, we got home and her first question was "Where are we camping tomorrow". We took a kneck pillow (kids one) that you use on planes to hed provide some support while she was asleep, but we did tend to wake her up for the exciting stuff anyway as asleep all day in the Jeep meant no sleep at night

All three of my kids (now 6 through to 17) have been wheelin since they were little and when we sold the XJ a month back the 6 year old was in tears as she has a lot of memories and fun times in that Jeep so I had to make a lot of promises of new memories in the JK

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

Our teenage boys still enjoy going bush in the Jeep. Especially now that L plates are involved. My sixteen year old son today talked me into fitting a snorkel and disconnects to our 2013 JKU, we had music, cold drinks, grinder, drill, tools everywhere. What a great day out tinkering with my son and my Jeep without leaving the backyard. Experience priceless.
    Grinding into a perfectly good bonnet. Mmmm. Great result at the end of the day....

Visitor

That's cool Menace.

I hope Charlie wants to learn too some day, if it's financially feasible to own or run a car by then.

Thanks for your input folks.

Visitor

I had a great time on the 12 Mile reconnoitre today.

it was great to meet a few folks and see some jeeps. thanks to Dru and Kerry for the advice, and Harry for the use of the radio, and to Jose for the invitation and the watchful eye.

The two and a half hour journey home was a bit rough, but it was worth it.

Glad you had a great time nick.. Join our club get into more of the trips.. I will post a run to Colo wheeny creek in the coming weeks. It's closer for you and is a lot more 4wd involved. Today was a D grade and wheeny would be a b+ with bypasses.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Nixolus View Post
    Seems a bit negative...
    Just how you see it. It's been a positive negative for me. Happily going broke, at least that's what I tell myself. Glad you enjoyed the day out with the guys.