Thread: Disconnects and sliders

Default Disconnects and sliders

Final got the sliders and disconnects fitted today.........! The disconnects have made a world of difference, very different jeep and driver now. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!!!!!!!!

Visitor

Yeh, I can remember the first time I used my disconnects. It certainly was an interesting experience. With so much more movement in the front end it almost felt like someone had disconnected the body from the chassis and I was floating everywhere. Worth their weight in gold though. I think they make the single biggest difference in off road capability of anything I've fitted.

Are they Smittybilt sliders? If so, how did you go fitting them up. I tried a set and couldn't get them to fit mine. As well as the arms being welded at the wrong angles they also seem to be slightly the wrong shape to fit onto the front mounts. They might have changed the design since then of course.

Visitor

Looking great mate!!!

Hey Paul,
    Yeah they are smittybilt, mate they took some fitting, as per usual they say 30mins It took me 4 hours LOL, and some grinding with the angle grinder. Had the same problem with the body mounts, just grinder out a bit from each section.