Yeh, I'd say there's no way a stock anything will take on the harder lines of Rubicon Trail, or at least not without a winch and literally just dragging it through. After watching some of the Wayalife vids you can see how serious some of the trails are, and most of those guys are in JK's with 37" tyres minimum, 6" lifts, long arms, coil overs, and more flex that a Russian gymnast. I think the WK2 is a great car but you can't imagine it competing in that arena.......or even a stock JK for that matter.

As someone mentioned, there are likely bypass tracks around the worst of it so you can still do the Rubicon without having to climb over 4ft high boulders. I'm guessing they take these bypasses with most of the stock vehicles, taking ever increasingly easier bypasses with the smaller vehicles.

It's definitely a marketing tool but at the same time it does at least prove that Jeep have seriously thought about how their vehicles will handle off road which is probably a lot more than other manufacturers do.