Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lake Lyle Saturday 28/09/2013

Thanks to Mani for organising the trip 28/09, thanks to every one for their support via radio when we became separated from the group. An extra special thanks to Mani who backtracked from where ever the group was to join up with us when we eventually made it back to the lunch spot. We became separated when we opted to bail out early and as we passed the last power tower the Navman (Hema maps) couldn't find any more trails and kept displaying a graphic saying "return to the nearest road".
    Last edited by Bear; 29-09-13 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typo

Visitor

(Have only just switched on the computer after doing other tasks all day)

Many thanks to Mani! Another great trip to push my comfort levels ! Thanks to all for another great day out! Will get what pics & vids I have up over the next day or two

Visitor

What a great day, very enjoyable tracks, sceneries and company (including the defender)
    Mani, many thanks for running the trip and keeping an eye out for us all.

Last edited by Dieselcon; 29-09-13 at 10:00 PM.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Default Trip Report

Hi Guys,

The trip was advertised and filled up quickly. We ended up with a really sunny and partly windy day. The attendees were as follows

1. Mani @ TRBN8R
    2. Ian @ Flat Fende
    3. Chris @ CPage666
    4. Bear & Maggie
    5. Jose @ Dieselcon
    6. Dan @ DanD
    7. Richard @ Fussy
    8. Dave @ DLE068
    9. Bert @ Bert-A
    10. John (S)Wayne ....
    11. Wayne (Our Cousin from AULRO)

I tried to be the first to Reach Richmond McDonalds at 0715 and found Dave Elliott beat me to it.... All the Jeeps rocked up by 0730 We had some brekky and took off from Richmond in a convoy of 4 Jeeps and one 110 Defender at 0755. We reached Shell Station at Bowenfels at 0915. Ian, Chris, Dan, Bert, John and our director of cinematography Jose along with his young assistant were all waiting there for us.... After taking a break andusual chitchat and introductions we headed off to the bush about 0940. Aired down and disconnected we headed to the quarry.... Everyone had a nice time playing around at the quarry and our guest Wayne from AULRO proved that his 110 Defender can fle x as well as a Jeep. Then we headed to a climb behind the quarry. Richard gave us a good view of his undercarriage here..... We headed off thru the bush towards the Powerlines climb providing jumpstart to a stalled bike on the way. On the way we had a play at another climb and found it has also been smoothened out a bit more than before. We did the powerlines climb without incident except for Richard parking in the chicken track and Bear nearly shooting his black powder pistol at him for this indiscretion. On top of this climb John Swayne decided to call it a day and headed home. We rolled down the hill towards the Cox's River Crossing. The water level has dropped since I was last there so we found the river to be a bit less fun this time. We decided to break for lunch at the bottom of next climb. After lunch we played on the climb and Bear decided to call it a day and headed off home. We headed off to Mount Walker from there. When we were very close to Mount Walker we heard Maggie on the radio. They took one wrong turn and lost the GPS decided to quit at that time leaving them stranded. They informed us that they were headed back to the lunch spot. I left the convoy to conquer Mount Walker while I backtracked to the lunch spot to collect Maggie and Bear. By time we reached Mount Walker the team was already heading down from Mount Walker. From here we followed the trail to the pine forest where I once again lead the convoy confidently in the wrong direction against advice from Wayne. We eventually found a way out to the highway. Aired up connected and on our way back by 1615 Hrs.

Nil injuries or damage to report.

For pics contact chief photographer Jose Menendes.....

Mani

DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

Great Video Jose.
    Mani, in my defense the club has been teaching me to successfully tackle the challenging track that I automatically assume that the chicken tracks are parking/waiting bays.

Once again, I apologise for the negligence

Quote Originally Posted by Fussy View Post
    Great Video Jose.
    Mani, in my defense the club has been teaching me to successfully tackle the challenging track that I automatically assume that the chicken tracks are parking/waiting bays.

Once again, I apologise for the negligence
    Forget it Richard, all over and we all had a great day.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Nice Vid there guys

Nice vid Jose & nice DECAL!!!