Thread: car trailer hire

Default car trailer hire

Just if any one knows where you can hire a car trailer rated above 1200kg
    A member in the subie club needs to one for his jeep.

Many thanks
    Heidi

I did discover that Hertz at botany have a tilt tray truck on their rental fleet...

Visitor

You could checks uhaul trailers hire, they have all types and sizes. Jetkev hired one through them when he his jk encounted mechancial problems near Bowral around 6 weeks ago so I could tow his jk back to Sydney.

Cheers Rob

thanks will pass it on

thanks for the help, Hi again Miraz! I have found the tilt tray @ Smithfield, unsure on rates as yet, waiting on a call back from Hertz.

uncaged123 was the uhaul trailer Jetkev hired from bowral or somewhere in Syd ?? I read the compliance plates on the closest uhaul trailers to us last time this happened, they are 2T total, but they can only carry 1200 as they weigh 800kg. I just called u-haul and they say all of their trailers are only 1200kg. Would you please ask which place it was hired from ? I'd be very keen to grab that trailer if it's rated properly as my JK is down south as well.

I learnt the hard way last time I went through this exercise, a plant/equip hire shop HireForce in North Richmond, told me their car trailer had brakes on both axles and electric breakaway (therefore rated to carry 2T, not 2T ATM) got there, saw the trailer had no breakaway, asked again before I took it and they said it's fine, stopped to check indicator lights and noticed there was no brakes at all on 2nd axle, called again to check and they BS'd me saying that it was fine and that they had it re-rated, they just hadnt got around to changing the compliance plate!

999811_10151497332756923_293996589_n.jpg

For future info: Tilt tray from Hertz Trucks, MR license $188 a day. There are 2 available atm , one in Smithfield and one in Lidcombe, though naturally they move around as/when they are hired out

Over the years I've rented a lot of car trailers and the highest rating I've ever seen was 1600kg. Which was ages ago and is still less than a JK.
    Just another reason why I just want to make one very very soon.....