Thread: Coil Wedges for JK

Default Coil Wedges for JK

Has any one installed rear coil correction wedges in their Jeep? This helps straighten the bow in the coil after a lift
    Seems they could be easily made (80 mm diam, with 50mm hole plus about a 10mm 3mm slice) but haven't got the facilities. Where can I get these made or buy?

You there Wooders??

Visitor

Hi Steve

After the problems I had with too much weight in the back on my trip to nth QLD last year which caused my rear coils to bow like a banana and having no side way resistance which in turn caused my rear end to sway side to side I had them put in and they are now in a 90 degree angle to the ground as you can see from the photos.

Attachment 2539 Attachment 2540

Problem was solved but do take into account that they will add 25mm to 30mm hight (effectively just a spacer) so I ended putting a 2.5cm spacer at the front coils to level the Jeep.
    I find them very effective in doing the job they were meant to do.
    Got them from Wooders, can't remember how much though (an in-built protection mechanism suppressing all memory of spending).

Cheers,

Shefy.

$40 from dbor. I have a set, i had them in with my previous coils, and took them out snd forgot to put them in with my current coils. I can take them tonight so u can jot the specs down if you like

Thanks guys
    I bought a pair of Synergy polyurethane ones from SBR, they were best price.

As you mentioned Shefy, they may add a little to lift, so I hope it's only minimal but the JK ones are just a wedge you slot between coil and base to level it up a bit
    Thanks to wally too.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    You there Wooders??
    Yup.
    Have supplied wedges before.
    Have also re-welded mount on with the correct angle (my personal preference).
    But sounds like you've got it sorted.

Visitor

Did you get a good discount at SBR?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stJeep View Post
    Did you get a good discount at SBR?
    No - just retail. Why do you ask?