Quote Originally Posted by Cobus View Post
How do you calculate fuel consumption or do you just go according to the dash display that shows L/100km's?
My dash display is right about as often as my girlfriends directions! It's OK as a guide but it's not accurate. Best to work it out.

Fill it up & zero the trip meter.
Next time you fill it up take note of the km's and how many litres it took to fill.
If you're really anal (that'd be me!), or if petrol foams up as badly as diesel does when you're filling (your JK is petrol isn't it?) then carefully fill it to the top of the filler pipe both times so you can see the fuel and you know it's full to the same level each time. Certainly with the diesel it foams up so much when you're filling that the point at which the pump clicks off can be very different depending on the fuel and the servo. Might not be as bad for petrol.
Also, if you're wanting the figures to be accurate, make sure you fill up at servos where the forecourt is flat. There are a couple around me that are on quite a slope and that can change how much fuel you'll fit in as the JK tank is long a skinny. If your front end is high then you'll get less in as you'll not be able to fill the tank completely.
For l/100km figure just take the number litres you used, divide by the number of km's you travelled and then multiply by 100. For me something like 72 litres/690km x 100 = 10.43l/100km