Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethanol blended fuel.

Doubled up....

Sent from my ME371MG using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 30-10-13 at 10:27 AM.

Visitor

Hi Mani,

How do I reset the fuel economy reading dash display thingy? I didn't even know that was possible...

Cheers

Visitor

Assuming it works the same as mine and they haven't changed anything you just push the selector button to scroll through the readouts until you can see the l/100km reading then push it and hold it for a couple of seconds. You'll see it flash once and that's it resetting. Same as resetting the trip meters on the other side.

All that does is convert the dash readout from metric to imperial

Visitor

You're right. Doing that does convert from imperial to metric when the display is showing the temperature.
    Doing it when the display is showing the l/100km should reset the fuel economy calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobus View Post
    Hi Mani,

How do I reset the fuel economy reading dash display thingy? I didn't even know that was possible...

Cheers
    Hi Cobus,

I meant reset trip meter and calculate economy manually. Always check tankful to tankful. Mine is a 2008 but layout should not have changed much. Attaching some pics should be pretty much self explanatory. After u fill the tank to full do the following steps

When you need to fill the tank next time fill it to full.

now your actual fuel consumption in ltr/100km = {(the liters needed to fill the tank to full / the reading on the trip meter)*100}

Cheers
    Mani...

Sent from my ME371MG using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 05-11-13 at 09:39 AM.

Visitor

I use an app for my iphone called "Road Trip" you just set up your vehicle, then press the + to add a fuel purchase, put in odometer, litres & cost (can also put in where you got it if you want Big Brother to be able to follow you around *or* if you need an alibi... Just sayin'...)

Positive that there would be one out there for Android devices... as for the rest of them... Another options would also be to write down the numbers above and engineer an excel spreadsheet to do this also - shouldn't be too bad to do up... Stop looking at me that way.