Thread: Lime Burners Status???

Default Lime Burners Status???

Does anybody know the current status? Is it open? Restricted access?

Thanks Hunno
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Lime burners in KanagraBoyd? It is restricted zone due to water board. I think it is a $10,000 fine per person.

Visitor

Could the club or the association partition the Premier to seek access of responsible registered organisations such as our club to enter and use restricted National Parks and Crown Land trails. Its a thought and there need to be a starting point to open up some of these restricted areas.

Look at the Harbour Bridge climb, I had the pleasure of doing it 5 years before the public had access because I worked for the then DMR. Either a retired DMR employee or someone who was taken up on top of the bridge jumped onto the idea of marketing a bridge climb, so lets see if we can open up some restricted good 4wd areas. Look at what has occurred with the Harbour Bridge climb and shooting in National Parks. We should push for access to restricted Crown land and areas of National Parks even if clubs would require permits to be able to access them. A permit should keep the cowboys out so that we could enjoy them in a responsible manner.

Regards Rob
    Last edited by uncaged123; 24-10-13 at 10:12 PM.

The assoication has been doing this, which is why in the proposed draft plan of management for KangaraBoyd it does allow for access to Limeburners for camping etc. Unfortunately it is the water board that has locked it up and classified it as a restricted area.
    The 4wd association has a very active lands committee that are working on this sort of thing if that interests you I am sure they would love more volunteers.

Heidi

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    The assoication has been doing this, which is why in the proposed draft plan of management for KangaraBoyd it does allow for access to Limeburners for camping etc. Unfortunately it is the water board that has locked it up and classified it as a restricted area.
    The 4wd association has a very active lands committee that are working on this sort of thing if that interests you I am sure they would love more volunteers.

Heidi
    I'm not sure but I think the control of water resources land now falls under control of another Authority which an ex manager of mine now work for. I'll do some enquiry to see what I can find out.

Sydney Water look after water supply and sewerage in Sydney, Wollongong, The Blue Mountain Area and Newcastle. Outside these areas its controlled by respective Local Government Bodies "Councils". Water supply means water which is supplied via their pipework.
    Last edited by uncaged123; 25-10-13 at 07:42 PM.

I think you will find this area comes under the heading "water catchment" and authorities are anal about anything that could contaminate the water supply eg. oil spills from motor vehicles.