Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rancho Lift System and Shocks

Visitor

Default Rancho Lift System and Shocks

Hi All

I am thinking of installing the Rancho 3" Trail System/Lift Kit on my 2013 JK Rubicon with RS9000XL Shocks, any advice to/against this system or any other recommendations?

http://www.gorancho.com/suspension.p...3_jeep_jk#lift
    http://www.jegs.com/i/Rancho/801/RS999329/10002/-1

Also anyone know any mechanic/service center/etc, that would install this for me without breaking the bad if I import the required items?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Rahul

Just double check if the Rear Track bar bracket and Front panhard are compatible are compatible with RHD JK, because there is difference in the diff setup for a LHD and a RHD JK.

Was gonna add Sway bar discos but realised u drive a Rubi.....

The mechanic should charge you roughly 4-5 hours labor and a wheel alignment.....

Cheers
    Mani

Sent from Asus Fonepad using Tapatalk

Visitor

Hi Mani

Thanks for getting back, I will check if there is any LHD/RHD limitations?
    Do you know any mechanic?

Cheers,
    Rahul

Dont know a mechanic for this job as I did mine myself. Mine is a technically 40mm lift actually sitting at 2 inch. But I changed only springs, shocks, relocated the control arms using a drop bracket, relocated the brake lines using another bracket, installled JKS swaybar discos.... Took about 4 hours in my front yard. What area u live in, depending on it people can suggest a mechanic.....

Sent from Asus Fonepad using Tapatalk

Visitor

Hi Mani/All

I live in West Pennant Hills area, anyone aware of any mechanic around this area, don't mind travelling a bit if required.
    If not mechanic any other options to get this installed, I don't have a garage space or tools to try myself, nor any experience on this front.

Cheers,
    Rahul

If you can't find a mechanic near you, and I would expect that most mechanics could fit for you - even my local Midas will fit suspension - you could see if we have a "Toolbox Day" at Wooders Garage planned (Hornsby). Club members get together an help each other out doing jobs like this...

Dave

Visitor

Hi Dave/Mani

I managed to find a couple of service centers who have shown interest, however I just got confirmation from Rancho that the kit is not supported for RHD, so Mani you were correct the kit is for LHD.

Looks like I will have to keep my plans for suspension upgrade on hold for now unless someone can advise other alternatives, I liked Rancho kit because it looked like a complete kit for a good price. Also further researching there have been lots of questions about factory warranty being void is I lift using un-approved kits, etc.

Any suggestions....

Cheers,
    Rahul

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwal_rahul View Post
    Hi Dave/Mani

I managed to find a couple of service centers who have shown interest, however I just got confirmation from Rancho that the kit is not supported for RHD, so Mani you were correct the kit is for LHD.

Looks like I will have to keep my plans for suspension upgrade on hold for now unless someone can advise other alternatives, I liked Rancho kit because it looked like a complete kit for a good price. Also further researching there have been lots of questions about factory warranty being void is I lift using un-approved kits, etc.

Any suggestions....

Cheers,
    Rahul
    What size tyres are you looking at running Rahul?

Teraflex are making noise about RHD components at present, so thats another option for you.

Visitor

Double Black Offroad

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwal_rahul View Post
    Hi Dave/Mani

Any suggestions....

Cheers,
    Rahul

I suggest that you get in touch with

ATV Automotive

Fivedock
    NSW
    (02) 9712 8001 http://www.atvautomotive.com.au

They are agents and installers for www.MurchisonProducts.com.au

They should be able to sort you out.

As long as Five Dock (Concord) isn't too far for you!

Dave